Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 11:57PM

I'm pretty sure we've covered the topic that it's absolutely possible to come up with something like the BoM in the amount of time it was written...

Want to come up with your own work of fiction? Each November, a bunch of semi-illiterate farm boys (and thousands upon thousands of literate college grads, and a bunch of other people) write novels at the rate of approximately 1,667 words per day. If you want to play (write) along, check out: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

I was thinking this year I might dictate my zombie thriller novel out of a hat (or maybe a paper bag for variation and my cat's pleasure)...(or a (carafe of coffee?), and sell it as a religious text.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 12:58AM

The mercury vapors help you get to a kind of off-the-wall, edgy, stream-of-semi-consciousness zone that often results in the kind of novelty that publishers are looking for.

I understand that Joseph Smith continually passed out due to having his face stuffed too tightly into the hat. He repeatedly came to after a few minutes. He would say, "and....[long pause]...I came to after passing out again." The scribe didn't know what to do with that, so he simply wrote it down as "and it came to...pass."

;o)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.