Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 01:27AM

and I'm sure the locals were overwhelmed by his proficiency as a prophet, seer and revelator. Well, actually he didn't do any of that. But the appreciative audience certainly knew that he was just holding back. It was much more important for them to be told about tithing and the importance of looking both ways before crossing a busy street.

http://lds.org/study/prophets-speak-today/unto-all-the-world/learn-of-the-savior-saints-in-madagascar-and-malawi-are-told?lang=eng

Since he was in the neighborhood, I wonder if he took some time to go visit Comoros on the island of Moroni. ;o)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroni,_Comoros

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 01, 2011 01:29AM

I always get those mixed up. Kind of like getting Moroni and Nephi mixed up.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 02:11AM

Faust and Hinckley thought very highly of themselves.
towards the end of their lives, they got right down snotty about some of the things they had done... on their LDS Inc expense account.

Faust bragged about looking at the Pieta, (a staute that the roman catholic church owns) and offered that "although most of you probably dont know what it is" - a real slap in the face to those faithFOOL lds members who had ultimately paid for Faust's trip. Faust offered the Pieta had a certain impressiveness to it, but nothing compared to the works of the restored MORmON gospel, you know, including stuff like him.

Gordon BS Hinckley had been in Monte Video Uruguay , and to emphasize the vast far flung reaches that the MORmON gospel has penetrated, he quipped to his stateside MORmON audience;
"I bet you dont even know where that is!"
(I'd bet his ass I know who paid for the trip!)

Probably an accurate assessment with MORmON members
- ppl stupid enough to find the cankered troll Hinckley to be inspiring.

Date: November 01, 2011 04:10AM

You only have to sludge through 2 or 3 of their "talks" to get an idea of what they really think of themselves and of the gullible sheep who follow them. The contempt and condescension that they have for the ordinary members of the Church is quite easy to detect. I think they really fancy themselves to be peers with top political, corporate and religious leaders. The ordinary members are the little people. They exist to make the big boys feel big.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 09:12AM

I remember last year when my stake got its first visit ever from an apostle. I hated it when I had to stand up when this jerk entered the room. If this ever happens again, I'm staying sitting down.

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 09:34AM

Hinckley did this on more than one occasion.

I remember once he started talking about the beauties of Aruba, and he desribed it, saying it was "a place most of you don't know about" kind of a quote... and I thought not only was that insulting, it was especially so beause his trip to Aruba was courtesy of the hard working members, who paid for his excursions.

Posted by: Inquiring Mind ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 09:56AM

"In response to questions about when a temple might be built in Madagascar, Elder Nelson said he didn’t know the answer. He said those decisions are made by the President of the Church. He encouraged members to pay their tithing and to get a temple recommend as an indication of their worthiness and preparation. Even though the temple may be at a distance, “you are not far from the temple if you have a temple recommend,” Elder Nelson said.

“In a way, you will decide when there are sufficient numbers of people worthy of a temple, and a temple may come to this country,” he said. “Meanwhile, you can have a picture of the temple in your home. Let these precious children see that in their mind every day.”

Yes, you are not far if you have a recommend and you can have a picture on your wall. All for the mere price of 10% of your meager income. How awful to tell them that when the chances of any of them traveling to a temple are slim. But they still have to guilt them about the money. And while I'm at it, it's also sick to see pictures of all these native Africans and little children in white shirts and suits and ties. Yes, no matter where you live, looking like an American businessman is a sign of your righteousness. Sick, I tell you. Sick!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.