Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 06:00PM

Can anybody tell me what the difference is between having a personal-cloud enabled NAS drive, and having a regular NAS drive that can be accessed remotely through the internet (which it seems like most of them do). It looks like the same concept.
Sorry for the O/T

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Grey Eminence ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 06:16PM

I believe it would simply be a matter of differing interfaces. The regular NAS drive will likely just be an explorer type interface that allows for read/write access to the drive. The CLOUD drive is likely going to be set up with it's own utility to make it operate as a dummy terminal. At least that would be my guess as to the difference. You could probably set the regular NAS drive up to do that by running a specific application on login, but the CLOUD drive will likely come pre-configured for such.

Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 06:21PM

That would make sense, a cloud drive would have more of a media server-type interface or functionality, as opposed to an explorer type like you said.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.