Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 06:10PM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/huntsman/52819457-188/huntsman-condo-salt-lake.html.csp

The question is, did LDS Corp. force his hand in anyway, or ask him to get invested?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 06:21PM

Leverage against Huntsman?

I'd have to see that to believe it.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 06:22PM

Huntsman doesn't seem to be all that Mormony. I imagine he liked the lower price.

Posted by: ExmoDad ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 06:28PM

Most likely, it was to help with his Senate race.

But it would not be surprising in the least if all the GAs end up buying one of these units.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 07:38PM

Mormons are HUGE name droppers.

We have a friend--who is in fact gay--whose mother owns a condo and the views are of temple square and he chose to move in there. They are right behind the great and spacious building.

I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY he would want to live there. Long story--so I won't go into it, but his whole family are mormon name droppers and he is, too.

It is really hard for some mormons to resist being in the "in crowd" in Utah and it is very important to many of them. He is always telling me who lives in his building. I think Orrin Hatch or someone owns a condo in his building.

Anyway--throw out the name of Huntsman living in that building and mormon name droppers will buy up the condos. It is probably a PR ploy to get them sold.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 07:44PM

Its definately a PR move. They probably offered it for half the list price.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 07:53PM

Let's see, they will all be grouped together with the creme-de-la-creme shops conveniently located right there. They will be able to keep the riffraff at arm's length as they socialize, shop and dine. It is an exclusive "gated" community right where they all work.

How nice for them. And such a great use for the tithing money. I wonder if they will have servants?

Some have said we are returning to a feudal system. Looking at City Creek, all that's missing is the moat--oh, wait, they call it a Creek!

Anagrammy

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 07:57PM

anagrammy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if they will have servants?

Yes, they are called Wife Number One.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 08:52PM

There were only 4 people on the cable car. The other couple was a pair of gay guys. Turned out they were American, and Utahn, and they lived together at Eagle Gate Towers, downstairs from ETB.

I think I responded with something remarkably clever, like "you've got to be kidding me!" Having a temple view didn't bother them at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.