Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 10:52PM

Of course I am biased because you are my adopted grandson; HOWEVER,

what do you think would happen if you just stood up and came up to the front and stood in the circle, basically rejecting the Bishops evil-eye judgment?

Can you imagine what a stir that would cause? Would they ask you nicely to leave the circle, under their breath, and would you turn to the audience and say,

"No one has more right to bless this child than his own father, because Families are Forever."

And two suits come forward and ask you to come peacefully with them. And you reply, evenly and audiby, "If I am judged to be unworthy of fatherhood, I demand to face my accuser."

You will get to bless the baby or just tell them you are taking the baby home for his blessing. This may be just a fantasy for family reasons, but it's a good one, doncha think?

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: serena ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 11:01PM

Women are so used to being relegated to a back seat that this somehow gets passed over.

Mormonism focuses so much on unworthiness, for whatever lame reason - it's downright sickening. Racism has been officially dealt with, but when are they going to address the blatant, everpresent sexism?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 11:10PM

the Mormon church is full of men AND women who call themselves "feminists" and we can't possibly be against women when we have an actual Mother in Heaven.

Yeah, and if you mention her you might be ex'd (remember Sonia Johnson). She doesn't add that.

Thanks for mentioning it, serena.

Anagrammy

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 11:35PM

Any chance you would consider it, MiB?

It seriously bugs me to picture you sitting helplessly and submissively in the chapel (or standing in the circle, but forced to be silent) while those Pharisees thwart your parental right to bless your own son!

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 11:43PM

Our story was not of the Blessing but of the Baptizing of our oldest daughter. We had just moved into the new ward building (just converted from branch to ward and portables to a new building) and we were going to baptize our daughter on her birthday. Well, the councilor told us that 8 year olds now needed to be baptized on Saturdays and confirmed on Sunday so "she will not be getting baptized on her birthday." The missionaries were already baptizing a convert on her birthday so the 'tub' would already be filled up. what's the big f=ing deal?
Well, a rather animated, audible discussion took place in the hallway for many to hear and I declared that since I had the priesthood, I would just baptize her in our friends pool. He stormed off to the bishop and in the end, she was graciously allowed to be baptized on her birthday.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.