Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fallible ( )
Date: November 04, 2011 11:29PM

than the Pope has in his entire body."

I said it during my mission years. Yes, I cringe now. Man did I ever have my head up my...well you know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: November 04, 2011 11:32PM

All the same though, it is rather cringeworthy. I remember an overzealous ss teacher bringing this up.

Posted by: fallible ( )
Date: November 04, 2011 11:39PM

shit. But the bullshit words I mentioned in my post came from my mouth...and I repeated in more than three times.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 12:09AM

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: November 04, 2011 11:51PM

I guess you weren't talking about political power.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 12:06AM

Jesus made his own comment on priesthood authority /religious branding campaigns, when He stood in the Jordan River and told his ragged homeless cousin to give him the ceremonial bath of the time. It was a symbolic bird finger right in the face of every MAN MADE established authority of the day, Hardly the act of compliance that MORmONS play it off to be.

"Thats good enough for me!" Jesus said, as he got his bath and refused to pay tribute to those blood sucking insiders who ran the temple.

Posted by: jo smith and his crazy gold bible ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 12:07AM

I remember my deacons teacher telling me that and me thinking it was ridiculous. He actually told me that we had more power than the president. I remember thinking "So I can declare war on other countries?" Yep.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 12:41AM

Bishop Jackwagon regularly tells the deacons, teachers and priests this - that they have more real power than the president because they have the power of God. So they need to stay faithful to the gospel and to their responsibility to the church.

No wonder some Mormon guys end up such arrogant @sses. No wonder they think they can order women and lower priesthood holders around. No wonder many of them think they don't have to develop any other good qualities - any woman is lucky to get them because they are a righteous priesthood holder. Don't get me wrong - I've known some great LDS guys but I've known a lot of arrogant jerks too. This sort of teaching when the boys are so young and impressionable is seriously messed up.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 02:08AM

That's true, being told that has definitely made some Mormon males into arrogant jerks. One of the most arrogant TBM's I knew was someone whose ancestor was also tarred and feathered with Smith, so he thought he was better than anyone else. I'm not talking about my TBM ex-husband, but someone who went to high school with me.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 12:50AM

Jack Bauer would take care o' business with a priesthood holder using only HIS pinky finger....

Just sayin'.....

Posted by: dressclothes ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:06AM

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:49AM

Only a Mormon Deacon has the authority to hold a sacrament bread or water tray with his pinky finger and deliver the holy nodules of spiritual nutrition to people in Sacrament Meeting. The Pope would be struck down dead if he ever tried to carry the Mormon sacrament trays down the aisles in a duly constituted Mormon Sacrament Meeting. That's why you never see the Pope doing it. Think about it. Has the Pope ever tried to carry the sacrament trays in an LDS meeting? I think we all know the answer to that. He hasn't--and the reason he hasn't is because he's scared. He knows what would happen if he tried. So...he's just stuck with the loot in the Vatican and buying up kings and judges and presidents and interviewing little boys for Vatican services. It must frustrate him immensely knowing that he'll never be able to do what Mormon Deacons do.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 02:35AM

fallible Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> than the Pope has in his entire body."

Catholics believe that their priests have the power (through God) to forgive sins.

So does that mean that Aaronic Priesthood holders run around forgiving people of their sins as well? How Christian of them!

Posted by: Michaelm ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 03:48AM

I have never seen 12 year old boys holding their arm to the square and mountains begin moving. I have seen the silly attempts of apologists to move the Hill Cumorah into Meso-America.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 07:15AM

.....than Harry Potter does in his wand......

Yes, when the HP movies were just starting out, every kid going nutsocookoo over them, I actually heard a penishood holder say that in a meeting. It was said in reference to the outside world influencing out lives or something along those lines. Sort of the same line of crap they use when referring to music influencing us to do bad.

He was a wacko.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 07:35PM

Realizing Mormon Priesthood is a fraud can be done without the Internet, easier for a young man, man, that is just honest with himself. But any TBM that has integrity as a core principle can realize that the Mormon priesthood is not the power and authority to act for God on earth.

Plus if you trace back the Mormon priesthood restoration it requires you to believe no less than six mortals that have been confirmed dead up to 1,800 years, one beheaded, visited Joseph Smith in order to restore the Mormon priesthood.

I have never met anyone that was dead and came back to life, nor have I met anyone that has met anyone that was dead and came back to life.

The Mormon priesthood story requires you to accept zombies, but smart, expressive, non-decomposing zombies. Kind of a bizarre thing to kow, don't ya' think, without a shadow of a doubt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 07:59PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 07:58PM

I remember a lot of butthurt Mormons reciting this back when John Paul II was dying/died. JPII was/is one of my all-time heroes - I love the man and think very highly of him (though I am not Catholic) - this was one of the things that ultimately pushed me out the door (so I guess looking back, I can be thankful).

When a Catholic Pope dies or is elected, the whole world watches - even if they aren't Catholic. When the pope dies, there is mourning in the street - when he is elected, there is rejoicing. The Pontiff is a head of state and has tremendous influence over the lives of Catholics world wide. When an LDS "prophet" dies or is elected, no one notices outside of Utah. For the pope, it's breaking news on all of the world-wide news agencies. It MIGHT have gotten a short blip on CNN's news ticker when Gordon Hinkley kicked it - and no one outside of the Utah news agencies sniffed it when Tom Monson was elected. No body cares.

People only have as much power and authority as others are willing to give them. Maybe the pope holds no godly authority - but the personal and political power that he holds is incredible. Of all the dumb statements that Mormons mutter, this may very well be one of the dumbest.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 08:01PM

That is because LDS Inc is actually a business posing as a real religion.

There are not many Mormons outside the morridor, and whatever their outrageous claims are, outside their little theocracy they just do not matter.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 08:09PM

John Paul II was instrumental in the fall of Communism. John XXXIII helped in a minor way to diffuse the Cuban Missile Crisis. Yeah, the deacons have much more power.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 08:15PM

Things like this just confirm what I've been saying for a while about Mormons: they are the hillbillies of the religious world. They are the unfortunate, unpolished bumpuses that you don't want to introduce to your in-laws, knowing full well they will let out the proverbial belch at the dinner table by saying something ridiculous and borderline offensive.

Posted by: flyboy ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:38PM

I couldn't help myself today: I asked a TBM buddy if the keys to the Kingdom actually are located in SLC, then why was it that CNN, Fox, AlJazeera (seriously), the three US networks, the BBC etc etc cut into regular programming to air the announcement of Habemus Papum? And the President of the United States is sending an actual official delegation to Frances' installation? As is the rest of the world.

He looked at me, flushed and walked away. I snickered....

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 08:47PM

An Ironic priesthood holder doesn't even have authority over his own wiener.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 09:05PM by donbagley.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 08:46AM

donbagley Wrote:
> An Ironic priesthood holder doesn't even have
> authority over his own wiener.

ROTF LMFAO...

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:44PM

Oh boy. Yeah.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 12:05AM

i think that it is supposed to read...

"an aaronic priesthood holder has more cum on his pinky...

than the pope has in his entire body"

sounds about right

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 08:52AM

sonoma Wrote:
> i think that it is supposed to read...
>
> "an aaronic priesthood holder has more cum on his
> pinky...
>
> than the pope has in his entire body"
>
> sounds about right

ROTF LMFAO...

Man, this thread is lots of fun!!! :-)

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 11:39AM

It's true you know.

The power is the amazing power of self-deception.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.