Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:27AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:31AM

Why? Do you have them? lol
check out this site: www.mormonism.com
This guy's a collector of all things mormon.

http://www.rickgrunder.com/booksforsale.htm#howe

this site's pretty interesting too.

Posted by: moses ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:33AM

Thanks for the link, I'm going there now.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:41AM

When I didn't find them, I'd create myself some Kirtland Anti-Banking Society notes; put some lead bars in a chest and cover them with a thin layer of silver pieces to show off to potential investors in my new bank (like Joe also did); take the money that my duped customers invest in this sham bank of mine, pay myself for the still-lost 116 pages and then (like Joe) skip town when the bank goes under.

It's really easy to make money by starting religions.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 01:59AM by steve benson.

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:52AM

You mean Joseph's original draft of the BoM in his own hand (or that of an identifiable scribe like Cowdery)? Shee-it, you'd be set for life. Seven figures.

Posted by: moses ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 02:01AM

In regards to Hoffman,I just saw that the Tanners, not the best friends of the church said the 'Salamander letter' was a forgery, yet the church still fell for it.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 02:06AM

" . . . [I]t seems much more plausible that Martin Harris' wife had immediately destroyed the pages to defy her husband. If that's the case we wonder if there could be any other reason why Joseph would make up the story about Satan's plan to discredit him? We have not yet been able to think of any other reasonable explanation to answer Joseph's actions other than he was not really translating an ancient document as he claimed."

http://mormonthink.com/lost116web.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 02:07AM by steve benson.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 05, 2011 01:37PM

If they were genuine (they wouldn't make THAT mistake again!) then I don't think there is a price that LDSInc wouldn't go to.

I think we'd be talking a baseline of around $1M for the physical manuscript. Significantly more if you hadn't already published them anywhere. More still if you signed a secrecy agreement and hadn't even published the fact they existed. And if you're good at selling, and drive a hard bargain, you can multiply the above by a factor of 10.

Indeed, we have no way of knowing whether or not they already do have them in the President's vault, and whether somebody somewhere is claiming they won the lottery to their friends and family...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 01:39PM by freeman.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.