Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dino ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 02:29PM

One of my friends I met in college is preparing for a mission. I told him that he should forget about a mission and join the peace corp if he wanted to actually help people and make a difference. I have not seen him for several weeks, and just found out through a mutual friend that his BP encouraged him to not associate with me because my heart is hardened and Satan was using me to keep him from fulfilling the lords calling. I learned on my mission that people need real help, not false hope, and those that have false hope don't need a different flavor of false hope. Anyway, I won't go on, I'll just get more worked up and mad. Seems like just another example of how TSCC only cares about those who pay give them money and are only concerned about getting more people who will give them money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 02:57PM

Early on in my experience of Mormonism, these kids go on missions and I actually thought it was kind of cool that a year or so is put in to the missionary experience. I thought of it more of a Green Peace sort of thing or some sort of Christian missionary dealy where even though they're trying to sell their faith to others, they are also offerince huge services to those in need...food, medical care, clothes, immunizations. I can live without the conversion factor, but helping those in need is pretty great, and these kids are volunteering to do it!

What a let down to learn that Mormon missionaries do nothing but sell their version of god and offer zero community service. Nothing. And most of them are coerced and don't really volunteer. They set out to collect a tithe payer. Take 10% off the top of the income of a dirt poor 3rd world farmer whose family is hungry a lot.

Total let down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.