Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: questioner ( )
Date: November 08, 2011 07:15PM

Only problem is that he has converted to Asseblies of God which is in mym opinion untrustworthy.
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/-11489145/folau-content-ditching-mormonism/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 08, 2011 07:20PM

ONLY prob i could envision would be...

hooking up w Scientology

just sayin'

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 08, 2011 08:40PM

The link doesn't work for me. But man that is funny.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 12:49AM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 02:13AM

Posted by: keyboardcowboy ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 05:57AM

The link is not showing up, who is it?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 09:18AM

The sanctimonious creep(s) from Mormonism Unveiled wrote the following:

"Australian Rules Football Star Israel Folau Leaves The LDS Church, Joins The Assemblies Of God

While we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints express pride and joy at the number of people who choose to go beyond salvation and strive for exaltation by joining our Church each year, there are those who decide Mormonism isn't for them. Many exit under acrimonous [sic] circumstances and vent their spleen on websites such as Recovery from Mormonism. They may even become full-blown apostates, such as Ed Decker and Steve Benson. However, some choose to take a higher road and make a clean break with a minimum of recriminations."

Steve, they got your number! And I'm happy we RfMers came through as spleen-venters.

Read the article.

http://mormonism-unveiled.blogspot.com/2011/11/australian-rules-football-star-israel.html

Of course, this being Aussie rules football, it will not even appear on the screens of American LDS people. Too bad. And too bad we don't all follow Aussie Football. It's a good game, a lot more lively and physical than stupid American (run five yards, fall down, pile up, run five yards, fall down, pile up) "football."

Mormonism lost a darling. *sighs*

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 09:29AM

"... perhaps a mission would have given Folau the additional spiritual armor necessary to successfully reconcile Mormon history with his conscience."

Why should it be necessary to accept historical accuracy of any religion by reconciling it with my conscience? This sounds like more "convoluted bull sh*t" to me.

Posted by: btc ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 10:21AM

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 10:47AM

Interesting that the Mormon statement makes the clear distinction between salvation and exaltation. Unlike the orthodox Christian idea of salvation...inheritance of all the Father has...within Mormonism salvation is only one step on the way. One reason why dialogue with Mormons is difficult since similar terms don't mean the same thing.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 04:14PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.