Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: keyboardcowboy ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 06:42AM

Hello! Hope everything is going great for everyone here. I haven't been on here much lately, but I have been watching the plethora of ex-mormon/anti-mormon videos on YouTube. The best part of the videos are the comments left by the mormons, they have no clue how to back up the painfully obvious truth. Anyways, there is a video with a fellow ex-mormon named Ed Decker, and he describes his experience in the temple, it is quite comical. It really made me think about how lucky I was to have not been a long time member of the LDS.

Here is the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv5cMKp8tkI

I am not sure if this has been posted in here before, my search is not working properly at the moment. My questions are many, but the main question I have is, is it really THAT weird, or weirder? I feel strong sympathy for those of you who have had it worse then myself and have spent long periods of your life entangled in this mess. My sincere condolences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2011 08:13AM by keyboardcowboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dclarkfan1 ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 11:25AM

From what I have been able to gather, and this is coming from someone that never went to the temple either. The temple "ceremony" is nothing more than a play in the Salt Lake temple, and a video tape of said play in the rest of the temples.

My thoughts on the whole mess, if you want to see a show, go to Broadway, it's cheaper and much more entertaining than the fucking 10% of your income TSCC wants from you, to be able to attend theirs!

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 12:07PM

When we first move out here, we went to Temple Square with my parents. You should of seen the look on the girls face when my Dad kindly asked if the most important thing is that you pay your tithe to be worthy.(we are all non LDS) I just dont get the concept, I grew up in a church that allowed everyone into Gods house not just a few

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.