Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 03:05PM

"Today I am thankful that we wake up at 6 every morning to have family prayer and to read from the scriptures..."

Uh, really?

Well today I'm thankful that we don't buy into that BS anymore ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 03:11PM

I'm like clockwork. At 6AM I've had my first cuppa joe and I'm on the commode going pookey. Makes more sense than reading and praying.

Ron

Date: November 09, 2011 03:16PM

LMAO, Ron! Not surprisingly, several other TBMs are responding to her Facebook post with things like, "I'm thankful for prayer, too!" and, "It's too hard to do scripture reading as a family in the morning, but we do it just before bed. What a perfect way to unwind at the end of the day." Barf.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 03:24PM

So, the brain is struggling every night to undo all the damaging brainwashing and cultural indoctrination these kids are being subjected to through dreams, and then as soon as the kid wakes up you hit 'em with a heavy dose of more brainwashing and indoctrination.

Maybe it's not so much that most kolobians don't use their brains, maybe their brains just give up after a while...

Posted by: MadameRadness ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 05:32PM

The status should actually say "I am thankful that we have Facebook statuses so we can post Mormon tripe that makes us appear more righteous to our 900+ friends."

Date: November 09, 2011 07:36PM

Exactly! Have you ever noticed how much mormons need to tell everyone how happy they are with the tedium? It's probably because they're really trying to convince themselves. I know my life is so much happier since giving up that infinite list of expectations/demands.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.