Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Seneca ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 09:47PM

I took a walk by the Oquirrh Mountain Temple today and saw a twenty something young lady walking her elderly grandmother through the parking lot. All I could think was that these two women had spent the last three hours thinking about and pretending to care about people that they more than likely never knew and who they will never meet. They sat quietly near each other for three hours instead of spending three hours talking to each other face to face. Who knows what wisdom Grandma could have imparted to this young woman. That is what I hate most about the temple, it robs the rising generation of time spent with the wise older generation. Instead of learning how to be a human as taught by someone we love we've wasted our time sitting through a lame intellectually shallow borderline creepy presentation. What a waste and what a shame!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 10:04PM

...she might not have much wisdom to spare ;)

Posted by: anona ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 10:21PM

Huge waste when you realize what could have been done with the time and talents and money to help others. Wonder how much time the ole lady spent at the temple in her whole life.. all toll years maybe.

BofM
Mormon 8:37

37 For behold, ye do love money, and your substance, and your fine apparel, and the adorning of your churches, more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.