Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:42AM

Anybody play with these things at all? Any success?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:50AM

I do, until my tbm mother found it and insisted that I get it out of my house. I still have it. but told her it is gone. I'm by myself, so it dosen't work, as you need a male and female to be touching knees to form an energy continum

Date: November 10, 2011 12:51AM

See! So it isn't just the Mormon god who forces the male+female thing

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:55AM

Relax ! It's just a silly game and is controlled by the ideomotor effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect

Posted by: badfish ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 03:04AM

but I was the guy moving the thing on purpose just for some yucks. It always amazed me how gullible people would be with those things. It really freaked then out.
I'm with Devo in this belief that our species is devolving as evidenced by the herd mentality and lack of critical thinking. I say whip it. Whip it good!!!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 06:53AM

Hey, appropos of nothing... my mom went to high school with Devo!

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 11:27AM

Ideo motor sounds too much like "idiot motor" to me.

But I still wonder what a Ouija board would give me for winning lotto numbers.

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 11:57AM

The fact the you never read this headline is all the proof you need to show that psychics are fake.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:57AM

oh yeah? put one in the relief society room and see who it's controlled by!

Date: November 10, 2011 12:57AM

Do you think they can contact spirits?

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 02:28AM

I prefer to play them in a bar type setting. Yes, I own a Ouija board. It is an endless source of amusement. I like to contact Elvis and question him about why he shot a weapon at the TV.

I also like to try and contact, Alistar Crowley. I hope he gave the wrights to Ozzy to record a song about him.

Yes, I am wasted.

Posted by: mormonimposter ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 05:40AM

I used it with 2 friends in an abandoned baby graveyard from the early 1900s. A male spirit talked to us and told us he was buried there and wanted to be relocated to his parents, who were buried in an unknown location west of us, possibly near Portland. He told us his name and birth/death dates, but not all the headstones were there, so we couldn't verify if it was legit or one of us was faking this all.

On the drive home, the radio went to static whenever someone said something negative about the spirit/experience, and only got better when we heard the static and apologized. It was the strangest experience of my life.

I don't know if it was all real, all fake, all coincidence, or somewhere in between...but either way, it was spooky, and I don't think I'll do it again. Once was enough!

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 07:13AM

It's hogwash! it can all be explained by the ideomotor effect. no need to use supernatural forces to expalin it when the natural ones, human psychology, will do the job. The ideomotor effect is "spooky" but it's not paranormal.
Penn and Tenner did a ouija board test. They blindfolded the users but turned the board 180 degrees. The users though they were spelling out words but they weren't because of the flip. surely the spirits knew the board was flipped.
Other tests have been done with blindfolded participants and boards that they are not familiar with and every time the results are gibberish.
Still my mom had a complete conniption once while we were shopping at K-Mart and I picked one up and asked her what it was. You’d have thought I’d picked up a live rattlesnake.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 08:22AM

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 09:17AM

Nice! I want one now. :)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 10:53AM

Posted by: Seneca ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 10:59AM

We were playing with one in high school and a few of my friends and I got the creeps so we left the others in the basement of our friends house to play the game. Those of us who left thought it would be funny to freak the players out so we snuck up to the window looking into the room where they were playing. I knocked loudly on the window three times. When I did this the players freaked out. They ran screaming from the house. After we all got settled down they explained that they had asked the devil to knock on the window three times to prove he was there...I guess I am the devil muwhaaaahaaaa!!!!

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 11:04AM

http://realmormonhistory.com/pixof.htm

Be sure to scroll to the bottom.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 02:00PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the link.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 02:05PM

Once saw someone come into an employment agency and pull out his board and a bunch of candles and proceded to take their aptitude test using it for guidance on the answers I suppose> Not sure if he got a job or not LOL. He looked creepy to boot.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.