Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 05:36PM

From Steve Benson on a previous thread:

"He's a whistleblower in the sense that he's getting death threats from Paterno fanatics, although his whistleblowing was later and softer than it should have been . . .

. . . and, as I have said in posts here,his warning was not accompanied by the necessary immediate action to rescue the kid from the on-scene sexual abuse.

I just heard from a news producer, by the way, that he has now been placed on adminstrative leave. My guess is that this is the end of his coaching career at Penn State."

====================================================

I think almost all the coaches will be gone at the end of this year. Somethings tells me that though many might not have known of the actual child-rape...that many did know that he like boys...

Sandusky was never mentioned as a coaching candidate...ANYWHERE.
He is the architect of "Linebacker U"

I think many people at Penn State knew and even people outside of Penn State.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2011 05:37PM by nonmo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 05:56PM

I saw an interview with one of the (now grown) kids that benefitted from the work of The Second Mile charity. He talked about how he used to ride in a car alongside Sandusky going back and forth to the stadium. He said that Sandusky used to put his hand on the kid's thigh, get overly huggy, etc. The man said that as a kid he knew that something was not quite right, but he couldn't totally put it together.

And that was the essense of Sandusky's crime. He picked on vulnerable kids who came from disadvantaged backgrounds where any improprieties were more likely to get lost in the shuffle of the struggle to survive. These kids were too young to know that Sandusky's behavior was inappropriate and wrong. They could not possibly have been expected to speak up nor defend themselves. An adult who had been placed in a position of trust above them had badly abused that trust.

Date: November 12, 2011 07:43PM

Your post just highlights why McQuery (sp?) should have done more...why JoePa should have done more...and definitely the university should have done more...

How many universities, state colleges, and community colleges have youth outreach programs??

The Penn State scandal has stained MANY other programs that do good work.

The waterfall effect is getting worse..

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 08:06PM

I work with disadvantaged kids. I wish that everyone could see how hard many of these kids fight to learn and to advance themselves. It is truly an uphill struggle for them. They deserve the best of what we've got. They deserve breaks and opportunities. I can't imagine how thrilled these kids would have been to be able to attend a college football game. To get "backstage" access.

And then to let them down in such a manner? Criminal. And immoral. And thorougly disgusting.

Date: November 12, 2011 08:19PM

I completly agree.

"Someone" gives a young troubled kid a "chance", some attention thru a foundation, like Sandusky's, and then they take advantage of the child and defile the foundation...

If what they say Sandusky did is true then I'd be the first in line to.....make sure he never breathes again

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 10:30PM

I read Sandusky's profile on Wikipedia. It says he has five children, all adopted. And that he took in several foster children.

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 10:54PM

hasn't killed himself by now.

Can you be that obtuse to not realize your life is over?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.