Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:13PM

For the most of us, I'm sure we didn't have any spectral expressions of gratitude, from relatives or anyone that we've done temple rituals for that warrants our long pilgrimage to a temple. (For those who live FAR from a temple, the costs in gas, travel time, (example one temple in the whole country, or entire region. For myself I had to go down to Cardston, I'm sure this was a motivating factor for building a temple in Edmonton, (you have to go through CALGARY 3 hours, then 2 additional hours to Cardston). For Vancouverites you had to go to Seattle). Manitoba doesn't even have one. And Canadian provinces tend to be large, What about Mormons living throughout the province and have to drive FAR to get to that one tiny dot? (Again a reason why they built the temple in Edmonton (Which is sad, because That would really help the less actives quit).

Anyways, the ware and tear on our vehicles, gas, time, (usually the entire ward goes, and we do ten dunks per turn (so In my career as a Mormon estimate over 100+). This is a HUGE sacrifice we're doing on behalf for someone who may or may not even accept the 6 discussions (and I'm pretty sure, even Missionaries up there are avoided lol).

So you'd think that when we do these water in the brain inducing rituals, it's a HUGE gesture, yet I'm sure you guys as I did, saw, felt, heard nothing. Not even a pat on the back for a job well done. And driving in a car full of idiot, wasting gas, wearing thin our oil, and knocking a few hours off our car's life span at least once a month, IS A JOB WELL DONE in itself. I can't even tally how many times I heard of the Kamakazi pilot attacking the Hawaii temple story. Or even the boys who want to try and vandalize the Cardston temple but couldn't find it even though it's the big obnoxious building that you can see from a distance. (resembles a mythical magical building from a distance the way it hangs on the valley like that).

This is a significant gesture of mercy from us, as we can't stand to see them in cages and we have to "free the birdies" (Mormon urban legend). So that they could at last have the fullness of the gossip AND avoid getting dunked because getting dunked 10 times and having water go into your eyeballs through your sinuses really sucks. (Yes I did pinch my nose). On this note, how in the hell can a GHOST even get baptized. or wet? Don't you need to be a solid? anyways... The stories of people waiting for hundreds of years to play dunk the clown. Stories of how day after day for hundreds of years (or however long the records go back)... of asking has the work been done yet? pissing off St Peter. (Seriously his job must suck worse that GREG DODGE). And not even a THANK YOU? Or a simple feeling of peace to even encourage us to come out this far?

The protocols of polite society customizes that if you're the recipient of a genuine act of good will aid. You show your appreciation to the good deed doer, by saying Thank you. Or they teach us this in GRADE school.

There is nothing but ingratitude in Mormon society from insensitive insist of paying tithing in response from the pleas of mercy from distressed Saints.. Why should Mormon Ghosts be any different right? It's just give tithe and fuck off. The ghost say do work for us and fuck off.

Like now at least when the judgment day comes and we're all resurrected they could be awaken first during the Morning right? That they wouldn't have to parish for being misled or something.

It's like we're being shafted on our tips, for DOING A GOOD JOB. And getting dead dunked in a sub zero Necropolis Grants Tomb Lenin's Tomb, or Sung Jong Il looking tomb (Cardston baptism font chamber, was very Cubist Art Deco, marble http://www.moroni10.com/LDS/Temple_Tour/baptistry.html (the photo doesn't do the chamber justice).
It was a large square looking thing (like a palace dining room), There was this balcony section up. and it was VERY VERY COLD in the cold Canadian winters. Icy Cold Marble, which oddly felt very very comfortable and Smooth on my soggy feet. lol. In the photo, It's a flash, because the walls were thick nuclear proof bank vault marble granite things. Just like a tomb. Like during winter with the ugly pruned trees of Cardston, I can see it being used as a fortress against a horde of Zombies. (Perhaps those who are ungrateful for desecrating their memories and honor in this blasphemous manner!

So was it just me, or did you guys also have first row seats to the Ungreatful dead concerts?

Hell I even did the work for one the clan of one of my YSA girls. All these English blokes from Suffield. (It's in my diary). Not a Well done Cheers Mate? when I'm sure if I got them a pint at the pub after ship building day, I'd get a cheers mate.

Sheesh. Ungreatful dead. Like what happened to all those stories of some Saints seeing visions of blissful and rested spirits in their Mormon Underwares, freaking us out smiling at us standing over our beds.

It's because I'm a cat isn't it?

Well as the saying goes. Sheesh that's gratitude for ya.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:46PM

a link to a little Sick and Twisted humour of cats and the endowment ceremony...

http://cheezburger.com/SickAndTwisted/lolz/View/2079564032

Date: September 23, 2010 06:49PM

I believe in "Serious Cat" (aka Skeptical athiest cat). Serious Cat is "F" Serious.

Date: September 24, 2010 12:30PM

But that would be the first thing I'd do if I was some dead 500 year old ghost, waiting to progress, and playing yatzee for eons, or doing a crossword puzzle waiting at the Grand Central Terminal in the spirit world. This would be the first thing I'd do. I'd extend sentiments of gratitude to Mormon dead dunkers.

Date: October 01, 2010 12:51AM

meow meow

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 01:05AM

apparently in 1998 GBH proposed one for Winnipeg:

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/chronological/

(scroll to bottom of page).

He also prposed them for Paris and Nairobi that same year. None of those have been built. 1998 was not a good year for prophecy.

Date: October 02, 2010 01:45AM

meow meow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.