Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 09:25AM

So I'm spending a lot of time making useless comments. I hope you'll forgive me.

My older female cat was acting just like Simon's Cat (see YouTube) last night. At 2:30 she decided she needed food or something. Anyway, she wanted me up. She walked slowly up my back and stuck her purring snout into my ear. I flipped her off my body and she went away, for about 15 minutes or so, before doing it again. I checked the clock. I had a couple of hours to go before my normal waking time of 4:30. I got up, went to the bathroom, and went back to bed. She walked between the head board and my pillow, and began pushing her face against my head. I flung her away and tried to sleep. Finally she got right up beside me and yelped practically like a dog, "Me-OWW! Augh. What to do. I got up and fed her. She ate, but continued on with the torment. Finally I gave in at 3:30 and came into work, but it was closed due to slippery roads, and won't open until 9. But think of the quality time I get with you guys.

I'm pissed. I think I'll euthenize the old gal tonight before taking an Ambien.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 09:26AM by cludgie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 09:41AM

Been there and done that when Hurricane Rita was supposed to hit. Funniest thing in the paper the next day. A photo of a patio table and chairs. One chair was on its side and a margarita was blown over on the table with liquid dripping down to the deck. Title: "Rita Devastates Houston!".

Just sayin'...

Ron

Date: November 17, 2011 04:52PM

His caption was, "Oh. The Humanity."

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 09:54AM

He was the most affectionate little guy in the world. He would hop up on the bed a dozen times during the night, with a purr as loud as a vacuum cleaner, wanting cuddling and attention. It didn't bother him how many times you put him off the bed. He was not to be deterred. He'd hop right back up in the most cheerful manner convinced that surely you were mistaken and his attentions were most welcome.

As I was sleeping, or trying to, he would curl up and sit on top of my head as if he were a raccoon hat. For extra effect, he would drape his tail by the side of my head and then flick it affectionatly against my face.

In his old age, he was unable to climb stairs, and he would cry plaintivly at the bottom of the staircase for me to come and get him (which I would obligingly do.) I was going through a highly stressful time then, so I would let him sleep on top of my stomach. We both found that highly comforting. In the morning we would wake up and listen to the birdsong together.

I still miss him. :-)

Date: November 17, 2011 10:04AM

It was amazing that even with his fairly advanced age of 19, his arthritis, and his cancer, he could make it up on the bed (using a step stool) and cuddle up. I forget exactly how long he's been gone now, about 5 months. But now I have New Cat, and he's amazing. But I keep him downstairs at night because he's too young and his need for merriment and entertainment is unrelenting. He also tends to disassemble stuff and I'm just a little bit afraid--perhaps irrationally so--of him changing my computer password during the night.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 12:54PM

cludgie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But I keep him downstairs at
> night because he's too young and his need for
> merriment and entertainment is unrelenting.

LOL. love the phrase "need for merriment and entertainment"!

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 10:04AM

I have a cat that's no kidding larger than a sheltie dog.

He is the most loving and kind cat ever. He takes what the little kids throw at him as love (hitting, squeezing, pulling hair).

BUT in the night he wants attention and he wants it now and he like to sleep on your feet. For a 20 + lb cat that's not fun.

We tried everything even shutting him out of the bedroom but he would just sit outside the door and cry like a wounded animal.

Now he gets let out at night to the garage and he actually likes it out there. We even put a cardboard box and his fav blankets in it. We still can hear him the late hours of the morning when he's ready to get up but a fan in our room keeps his cries for attention in the back ground.

Anubis

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 12:03PM

The first thing I'm going to do when I get my own place is get myself a kitty to love.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 12:28PM

Our little White Persian is fed on demand. He demands food and one of us feeds him. No matter what time. We keep this arrangement because it works for him.

My wife uses different terms of endearment for her boy. At night she likens him to a cooking ingredient. Damn. I forget which... Oh! I remember now!

She calls him her little Cooking Fat! Well, it's something like that, anyway... ;oD

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 01:40PM

DH and I have two of them, and wouldn't trade them for the world (most of the time). One of our Persians, Galinda, is a bit of a, erm... hefty gal... and she has decided she needs to be PLACED up on the table where her food bowl is even though I know damn well she can get up there on her own. Little fluffy bitch. LOL I LOVE me some kitty stories.

Date: November 17, 2011 04:53PM

What can be said of them that don't like cats, eh?

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 12:48PM

The place was immaculate. But every night (nearly) along about 3 or 4 in the morning our cat would find the plastic milk jug lid and amuse himself by sending it across the kitchen floor. It was noisy to hear him hitting his puck and finally one of us would have to get up and take it from him.
I swear he kept a hidden stash of those caps!
Our garbage was behind a kitchen door and emptied daily but he would find those milk bottle caps and play with them in the wee hours of the night!

I miss my cats. Everyone who has one; please give your kittys some extra loving from me?????

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 01:17PM

Moira's a very sweet kitty who I swear has a sense of humour. If BF isn't up at the usualy time, she'll hop on his chest and stare at him till he wakes up.

When she was a kitten, she would try to wake me up before I got to work. Some kitty advice site suggested to ignore her and not give any attention, good or bad. One morning, I opened my eyes and she was sitting on the clock radio, staring at me. I quickly shut my eyes to pretend I was still asleep and next thing I know, she sucker-punched my right eye!

Kitties. What would we do with out them?

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 01:34PM

Cyrano loved pastries; pancakes with syrup was his favorite thing to eat. One day we came home and saw him on the counter with his head INSIDE a package of Costco chocolate muffins! We yelled "CYRANO!!!" He stopped, looked up through the packaging, then resumed eating his muffin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 01:38PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 01:36PM

I love love love my kitties, but this is precisely why DH and I don't allow them in our bedroom. They express their displeasure with this often...this morning we woke up to find a nice wet hairball on the floor right outside our bedroom door. Subtle? Not s'much.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.