Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wirehead ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 06:43PM

Just a frew days ago I got a text message from EQP asking me how I was and if everything is alright. I replied back that yes all is good. I heard nothing back from him.

Until today. His reason for contacting me: "because I havent seen you in a month, are you unmotivated or???".

Well yeah, if the EQP and first counsel to him leaves me out of EQ related business... Leaves me with the EQ with no prior instructions for that day when both of them takes off for a particular Sunday, I'll just stop doing my calling. Having to put up with this nonsense is just ridiculous, and I'm putting a stop to it by stopping going.

Of course, I haven't replied back to him becaus I figured just let him wonder and stew. It feels good to have those 3 hours or so back in my life. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 06:51PM

Don't you love the token check-in? Gee, I noticed you haven't been there...I can't fathom why...

And, the truth is, even if you were to explain it, they wouldn't get it.

Enjoy your free time!! It'll change your life :)

Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 06:59PM

I am currently in the EQ Presidency as well. I haven't been to church in over a month now. My testimony fell like a house of cards about a month ago. The illusion of control has completely vanished from before my eyes.

I realized that I don't have to do anything for the corporation. This is when you really have empowerment. Anything they say cannot make you do anything. I bet TSCC HATES the fact that we live in a free society where membership to any religious organization is completely voluntary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 06:59PM by gracewarrior.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 01:01AM

I used to avoid the phone, hide and look around carefully before putting out my trash or getting my mail for fear I would be shamed. I would pretend not to notice the Sunday school teacher was getting his hair cut at the same salon and my VT was walking into the same grocery store from the parking lot. I would duck and dodge. As I realized over time the only control they ever had over me was entirely in my head.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 03:49AM

The missionary boys are always asking my wife or me whether we need any help, whether there is anything they can do for us. I admire them; I think they are nice boys. But why can't they just accept that people can be semi-active (we attend around half the time) without needing anything doing by a couple of 19 year olds.

Date: November 18, 2011 07:39AM

Right. Once is polite, twice is persistent, three times is harrassment and not appreciated. It's not like there is anything we obviously need anyway - I make half decent money and we live in a nice house. I did think about accepting their offer though, I could use an unpaid gardener... But the true cost - an hour of their conversation as they attempt to manipulate me into doing more for the church - is too much to bare.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 10:19AM

Mission work is so slow where I live that the mishies are doing more service projects. With my TBM DH on deployment, they've really he;ped me with yard work. I always make sure to give them some food in return. I like this trend.

Date: November 18, 2011 11:52AM

Yeah, maybe I'll just have them work for me while I'm at work and leave them in the pleasant company of TBM wife.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 10:00AM

Sounds passive aggressive. Why don't you just own up to how you feel and tell him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.