Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 10:38AM

Just curious--how many exmos,faking-it mos, spy mos, and inactive mos are there out there? Surely we have got to be close to outnumbering the active, TBMs if not already outnumbering them. We could probably start quite the revolution...

I've never had the chance to meet any of you IRL, but I'd love to attend a get-together or conference one of these days. It's nice to know I'm not alone and I'm not crazy for not drinking the mormon kool-aid anymore :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 10:43AM

You ought to do your best to catch next year's exmo conference, then! It just happened recently...I'm fairly sure if you hunt around there will be a thread that links sound files.

As for a revolution...

I'm fairly sure we'd all have to agree on something other then our un-mormonness. Good luck with that. J/K

Posted by: ken ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 10:49AM

Richard Packham wrote an article on his website that brings some excellent perspective to the question of how many exmos are there? It's cleverly titled "How Many Exmos Are There?"

Read it and take heart. And thank Richard Packham for all his wonderful gifts to Exmos.

http://packham.n4m.org/morexmos.htm

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 11:00AM

Thanks, Richard & Ken!

Date: November 18, 2011 11:16AM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 18, 2011 10:53AM

I think the most effective thing exmos can do singularly and/or collectively is to not let Mormons push us around. Not buy into their guilt trips, not accept their opinion we are the ones with the low standards, not accept any of their misguided views of the world and how it works. We can have compassion on the poor, misguided Mormons and allow ourselves to really feel the relief of not being LDS.

Mormonism is about guilt, fear and control and when the growing ex-Mormon community refuses to play the Mormon game by the Mormon rules, their weapons become useless in their hands. And by being patient with them, and happy and successful, their preconceived notions are disproved. Basically, think of a two-year-old throwing a temper tantrum to get attention. If you give the child what he/she wants, they will never learn anything. But if you calmly turn and walk away, refusing to let them push your buttons, you have the power in the relationship. We have to stick together and refuse to play Mormon games.

Date: November 18, 2011 11:05AM

+1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.