Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 02:05PM

The church wanted us kids to feel like an elite chosen few so they say the youth in the church were the chosen generation. Well the chosen generation is lazy and the following generations are even lazier. They really don't stand up for anything. In reality, the are part of the apathy and laziness that is hurting our nation at this moment.

A second fable is the constitution would hang by a thread and the priesthood would rise and save it. Well, the constitution is not only hanging by the thread, it's pretty much gone. Where was the priesthood? If anything the leaders of the church invited and smoozed with some of the politicians guilty of the damage. What a joke. Like in the days of Nazi Germany the church sided with the Nazis and turned in fellow church members who were in the resistance. Why? So the big bad government wouldn't come after the church.

It's petty evident the church stands for nothing more than it's own survival and will sell the members out to the wolves if it has to. Why not? Only a few people run the thing. The prophet legally owns all the wealth. The church members are nothing more than slaves entrapped by family pressure, peer pressure, fear, guilt, and shame.

The church will change over time. As the world changes the church will change. As long as they can get young couples to marry each other in the temple and control the family that way, they can change the rest. They can rewrite history, dump scriptures, write new scriptures, change the under wear design or whatever they have to do. That's all filler. What drives the church is letting them control your marriage and family. No wonder they love to build so many temples. That is their control mechanism.

What a freaking scam! Most people can't see through all the clutter to see how simple of a scam it really is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 02:16PM

You're so right and I wish I had been able to give myself permission to admit all that years and years ago!

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 02:49PM

Joseph Smith was a prophet.

BoM is translated word of god.

BoA is translated word of god.

Blacks and Native Americans will become white and delightsome when they fully convert to the gospel.

We will be gods.

And everything else I was told growing up.

Just saying...

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:02PM

That God is our Heavenly Father, loves us, and answers our prayers.

That humans beings are, by nature, wicked, unclean little critters that are unworthy to be in the presence of the "benevolent," bigoted, hateful, spiteful, insecure, violent, genocidal, malcontent known as God, and that we need a "savior," who was tortured and murdered in effigy of all of mankind, in order for us to become pure.

That the Mormon scriptures (BoM, PoGP, D&C, Bible) are the word of God, and the most important books a person can read for their moral, intellectual and spiritual edification and edification.

One more: That prophets are men with special access to the secrets of heaven, and that it's more important to listen to them and obey than to think for yourself.

Everything else is just gristle.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:22PM

I was just thinking the other day about the whopper that was common knowledge in the MTC when I was there. Some MTC president or something woke in the middle of the night and was prompted to look out toward the MTC. He saw what looked like a fire-type light but not a fire so he got in his car to investigate. Upon closer inspection, he could see the hosts of hell assaulting the MTC, trying to gain entrance. At each window and door was an angel of God, arms folded, guarding the MTC and protecting the missionaries. That is where the light was coming from - the heavenly beings. The story went on to say that the missionary president told the missionaries the next day that if they knew what evil forces were trying to stop them and the power of those forces trying to protect them, they would take their callings as missionaries much, much more seriously.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:27PM

Mormons invented irrigation.

Paul H. Dunn was a major-league baseball player.

Paul H. Dunn was a war hero.

Joseph Smith obeyed the Word of Wisdom.

Polygamy was only to take care of widows.

Archaeology supports the Book of Mormon.

Posted by: ElysianNevermo ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:27PM

Holy crap,

I was on a flight to SLC and was sitting behind a british couple and a middle aged mormon I assume so he was telling them all this stuff but the thing that made me roll me eyes was when he told them that the mormons developed irrigation. I really wanted to punch him in the back of the head but I refrained. Did not know that was taught to people. /Rolleyes

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:44PM

My seminary teacher ca. 1965 told us more than once that archaeologists frequently consulted the Book of Mormon to find out more about the origins of native Americans. he was never able to cough up names or provide examples. At that time I was young and thrilled at the prospect that there had been Nephites and Lamanites and that the BoM was a cool record of what they did.

Was anybody else told the same thing?

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:53PM

Funny story

I had a lamanite foster brother. We decided to see if he would really turn white. Using crayons we put some color on a piece of paper that was as close to his skin color as we could get.We checked it about once a month. No change. Fortunately this was his idea! He thought the whole idea that he would turn white was really stupid. By the time he went back home he was even darker from being out in the sun. His conclusion? The people in this church are NUTS!

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:54PM

The 3 Nephites was one I remember being amazed by.

And that the church was 100% true, without question...

Posted by: crowbone ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 04:45PM

. . . all dead U.S. presidents are now members.
. . . all the great Founding Fathers are now members.
. . . every single person in the Americas prior to Columbus was a descendant of Lehi.
. . . my great-great g-ma saw one of the Three Nephites while she was part of a handcart company. Said Nephite gave her food.
. . . same person from above was hidden by the Holy Ghost from a murderous husband who was going to kill her as she wait at the train station to join the Mormon voyage.
. . . Mormon missionaries stole all my great-great g-father's money and he still joined the church and lived out the rest of his days as a faithful member.
. . . Jesus will come in my lifetime (might still happen:))
. . . paying tithing is fire insurance.
. . . and much, much more!

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 04:58PM

I was told it was only practiced in Utah before Utah became a state. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a book that was the published journals of the wiveS (plural) of J.S. That started the whole house of cards to tumble for me.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:37PM

I remember being told that Heavenly Father and Jesus personally visit every temple before it's dedicated. (roll eyes)

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:38PM

Joseph Smiths blood stain in the Carthage jail will never fade, no matter how hard they scrub it.

Posted by: m ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:39PM

The faith promoting story of elevator shafts being design well in advance before elevators.

sorry Mo- elevators were invented in the 1850's.. SLC Temple
completed in the 1890's. Do the Math

My mom used to tell the one about the east doors of the SLC temple not to open until Christ returns and opens them.
On a session thru the temple - my mom says the big doors begin to open and everyone drops to their knees only to be greeted by a cleaning lady.

The seagull story too! I have been in the western Utah desert
when locust were so thick you couldn't see for hundreds of yards.
It still happens folks and they have a cycle. They do not appear every year. Just like their cousins the cicada. Nature has a cycle.
Long story short the seagulls were everywhere as well filling there gut on the nuisance just like they do and have done for probably hundreds of years if not thousands.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.