Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 04:33PM

Less than a week.

Less than a week till I resign. Nothing new from the last post in which I talked about how I can hardly wait. Just wanted to share how excited, anxious, and antsy I'm getting. I'm dropping vague hints on FB so some people won't be as shocked, but it's still going to be...tough, I know, with some people. Like...bad. Still, I can't and won't live the lie any more. My sister is going to resign with me. Woot, woot, WOOT!!! When I do I'll "out" myself to you all, let you know who I am and where I live, and hopefully we can celebrate in cyberspace together - it's largely because of you all that I gained the courage to admit what I had known all along and finally act on it. Props to this board and the people on it!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 04:38PM

Out of interest, how "vague" were your FB hints? I just got messaged by a TBM "friend" who I hardly know saying they are concerned I am hostile toward "the church" in my FB posts. I wasn't even aware I was giving out any such vibe, but clearly it's hard to maintain the lie so it's perhaps not surprising.

Good luck with your resignation!

Date: November 20, 2011 04:42PM

Here's what I said - like I said, very vague. Those who truly know me (and there are very few) know what I'm talking about.

"I love the chapter of life I'm in right now. I'm learning so much, thinking deeply, figuring out what I REALLY think and believe, and letting go of situations that cause me insecurities. I don't have to be perfect at everything, don't need to feel like less of a person, don't need to worry about where I am in the "race", and can enjoy just being in the moment, doing what I love, and setting aside people and issues that bring me down. The hamster wheel many find themselves trapped on (sometimes willingly) has been Filed 13'd. I am free and I am very happy. What a gift."

Interestingly, two staunch LDS friends have "liked" it, not understanding what I'm talking about. It doesn't really matter, I guess - I'm just getting so excited that I can't help dropping little hints here and there. :)

Date: November 20, 2011 04:44PM

I'll never be hostile to the church overtly or subtly because it would devastate, injure, and embarrass a couple of our kids (who served missions). I can leave the church and free myself from the servitude without showing outright anger and antipathy (well, most of the time, anyway). I respect our children and honor the work they've done, you know?

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:22PM

from past posts on this board, so it will be interesting to find out if I know you.

I have outed myself many times on this board--and I resigned about a year ago.

I'm Colleen Christensen Parkinson and live in Hyrum (part of the time). I grew up in Brigham.

It is highly unlikely we know each other--but it will be interesting to find out where you are exactly.

Date: November 20, 2011 05:25PM

Uh, yes, it will be interesting. I'm closer than you think, in a couple of ways. You'll laugh. :)

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:28PM

My boyfriend is coming for Thanksgiving (I just got back from his place yesterday)--so I need to write myself a note so I don't forget to keep checking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.