Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 04:54AM

He was showcasing some lovely Cranberry base wines from Bandon Oregon. (I really liked the Blueberry/Cranberry) I told him how I wanted to send some to my DD in St. George.

He related the following;

He said he used to live in Utah. At Christmas one year he went in to get refreshments for the company party, a few bottles of wine and a couple of whiskey. He told the proprietor "I bet this is the busiest time of year for you." "No, Conference is, and you can check with the bellhop over at the **** (largest Hotel in town)." So the wine seller went over and talked with the bell hop.

The bell hop told him when people came into town for Conference their luggage would weigh down their big Caddys so the trunks sat noticeably closer to the pavement. When they left the bags were tossed into the back seats and the cars rode higher. You bet they drink he asserted.

I know that is a third party story and considered 'hear-say' but maybe some could confirm it.

He also said in St. George there were a lot of women who bought wine who were active Mormons. He said they couldn't take the pressure being a Mormon so they drank a lot of wine. "The Church doesn't let them do much you know."

Wow. Here are these Mormons who lied and kept up appearances while many of us lived and were "true". We walked out because we became aware of the nonsense but they stay and drink and be miserable and call us 'sinful' behind our backs! Weird religion it is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 05:05AM

I beelieve your account because I have reason to believe it. San Sad hypocracy on thier part IMHO.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 09:48AM

Along the same line, the busiest weekends for the gay bars in Salt Lake City are conference weekends. Don't wait and show up too late after the priesthood session ends or you won't get in.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 11:29AM

I bear testimony to what bezoar said. Saturday night of Priesthood session the gay bars are PACKED! Wives and families believe their husbands and sons are at the priesthood session.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 11:31AM

Why would people go to St. George during conference?

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 06:41PM

I believe he'd sold and/or bought wine in both places.
The company I work for this Holiday Season sells wine and wonderful bakery goods and fruits. Utah is on the do not send list!

So I guess I'll have to buy the wine, send it to her brother in Vegas and have him deliver it for Christmas! LOL! My son the boot legger!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.