Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 10:59AM

So, my TBM wife tipped me off that on this upcoming Saturday, the local EQP and some 'volunteers' are coming over with an extension ladder that can reach the 2nd story gutters to clean out the leaves for us.

Not long before that, the first counsellor called, my wife and I have been asked to assist the ward activities committee with the ward Christmas dinner as a couple. My wife told him that she would be glad to help, but not to count on my assistance (good girl!) however.

So now I'm going to take Friday off work, rent a ladder, and do the damn leaves myself so when they arrive, all they will find is me saying, sure, go right ahead. After they setup and climb up, all they are going to find are clean gutters. Think that will send the right message back?

Of course, this just could be my wife knowing that if she hints that the church wants to come do something, that I will scramble to get it done just to piss them off - she's clever enough that this could all be her ploy as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 11:13AM

Its a good idea to clean your gutters this time of year anyway. A clogged gutter can lead to bigger problems. A more permanent solution is to cut down all the nearby trees.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 11:19AM

I would pre-clean my gutters and when they arrive send them over to an elderly neighbor's house to do theirs instead.

It's a 'win win' for everyone.

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 11:42AM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 11:23AM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 11:47AM

Let them come over and clean the gutters. It will make them happy. They will be “edified”.

You however, already know that gutter cleaning, quilt sewing, ward dinners, HT’ing, VT’ing, scripture reading, family and personal prayers, or the delusional antics of mormon apologists will never make the LDS church “true”.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 11:51AM

"Of course, this just could be my wife knowing that if she hints that the church wants to come do something, that I will scramble to get it done just to piss them off - she's clever enough that this could all be her ploy as well."

Awww, that's sweet. :D

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 12:16PM

These are not the 'droids you are looking for.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.