Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: December 01, 2011 12:24PM

notice an increase in TBM's posting this blog article on their status???http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html

I mean it is a good article and I like that someone is speaking up about it and calling people out under the "Christian umbrella" of hate the sin love the sinner but still act all self righteous......

But for the people I know to post this.... are they simply trying to blend in more mainstream so people don't think they are as weird and prejudice??????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 01, 2011 12:42PM

As homosexuals have come forward and been open about their deliciously decadent lifestyle and Mormons have become "friends" with them at work or whatever - the Mormons with a half open brain have realized that gays aren't monsters with acid for blood as the church teaches.

Prop 8 and the backlash really did damage to the church in a lot of different ways.

Posted by: gershonite ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 07:43PM

I have been in the church since 1967 when I joined as a teeenager. As I grew up, it became obvious to me that I had SSA but as the Church required, I duly married. After fathering children [all BIC] I decided that it was time to be honest with my spouse. She was surprised yet we continued to stay together until her suddden death several yrs ago.

I am still active although my daughters are not yet my son is a RM and very active. They all know of my SSA and my daughters know that I have a partner although my son does not. I hate the double life of lying and deceipt, yet what do I do? I love the Church yet it does not love me. I cannot visualise life outside yet I know deep down that the day will come when I have to make a decision. My partner although not inthe Church accepts the quandry I am in and does nothing to dissuade me out of respect.

I keep all of the commandments bar the one that I have covenanted not to do and that is have sexual relations outside of marriage. My Temple attendance has declined from 4 times a week to virtually zero. I havent been since Aug of this yr.

I am a firm believer in that the Church will eventually be forced to accept SS marriage. Even several Church members were in a SS relationship. among them were May Anderson and Louie Felt. they were in charge of the magazine Children's Friend. they lived together for over 40 yrs.
Tracy Young Cannon, the bisexual son of George Q. Cannon was the leader of the Bohemian Club and faculty member of LDS School of Music with many homosexual members.

Brigham Morris Young (son of Brigham Young) was a drag artist and regularly performed as an Italian opera diva "Madam Pattirini" in the Salt Lake Tabernacle infron of several GA's.

I could go on as the list is endless. The RLDS Church [now the Community Church of Christ] have recently added a "revelation" wherein they accept those who have SSA into full fellowship.
One day we will do the same

Posted by: gershonite ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 07:50PM

Of course you do realize that homosexuality could be eradicated if straight parents stopped having gay babies. These straight parents are the cause of the problem, THEN they have the audacity to moan about it.

Date: December 14, 2011 07:58PM

Homophobic Religions would also be forced to change their homophobic stances if gays would stop supporting them altogether.

Just saying ;)

Date: December 01, 2011 12:57PM

the people I see posting this... are the people in my life who have said some of the nastiest more derogatory things against homosexuals(even up to a week or so ago)....... so yeah. That is what confuses me. I know there are people in the church who openly support gays and gay marriage etc. And I know people who have changed their stance on it... and I know people can change... but I have heard some truly unbelievable things from them and I just hope it is for real they are posting this and not for show.

Date: December 01, 2011 01:12PM

It's only when you get them riled up that you usually see their "true colors."

Example:

My SIL was fighting with my wife because she dared to leave the church.

One of the things that she screamed was that my wife loved my brother more than she loved her sister.

My brother is gay and in her twisted brainwashed Mormon mind that meant that somehow it had to be a contest or choice between the two of them.

Didn't make no goddamn sense. But that's how she truly felt deep down. We loved the 'gays' more than the church (and therefore her) and that's why we left.....according to her....

Date: December 01, 2011 01:13PM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 01, 2011 01:15PM

"You love this one better than me." is supposed to be a mindset you grow out of, isn't it?

Date: December 01, 2011 01:16PM

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: December 01, 2011 01:50PM

This is a great article - thanks for posting!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.