Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beetgoddess ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 02:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 03:36PM

Is it available in PDF yet?

Oh, and for those who are wondering:

Homosexual Behavior and Same-Gender Attraction

Homosexual behavior violates the commandments of God, is contrary to the purposes of human sexuality, and deprives people of the blessings that can be found in family life and in the saving ordinances of the gospel. Those who persist in such behavior or who influence others to do so are subject to Church discipline. Homosexual behavior can be forgiven through sincere repentance.

If members engage in homosexual behavior, Church leaders should help them have a clear understanding of faith in Jesus Christ, the process of repentance, and the purpose of life on earth.

While opposing homosexual behavior, the Church reaches out with understanding and respect to individuals who are attracted to those of the same gender.

If members feel same-gender attraction but do not engage in any homosexual behavior, leaders should support and encourage them in their resolve to live the law of chastity and to control unrighteous thoughts. These members may receive Church callings. If they are worthy and qualified in every other way, they may also hold temple recommends and receive temple ordinances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 03:39PM by michael.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 03:47PM

Wow.

Actually, some heterosexuals WANT to be deprived of the blessings that can be found in family life, etc, and some gays way WANT to raise children.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 03:51PM

It looks like it was written by lawyers, not by prophets or special witnesses to christ.

Date: November 16, 2010 03:59PM

I know it is way boring to read! at least we know what all the rules are. Now instead of writing the profit what I should do. I can just say "what does the chi say?" What a relief! I can now have my life even more micro managed!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 04:32PM

That way I don't have to bother busy prophits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 04:33PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Date: November 16, 2010 04:39PM

No! No! and NO! flip flops do not look expensive and you cant get them at the zcmi!

Posted by: verdacht ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 06:30PM

They didn't use the kinder gentler "SSA".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.