Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 08:54PM

Here's the latest in the Mormon/Mitt Romney ad campaign:

A series called: Mom, I'm Dating a Mormon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x0-fgx-_un0

Seriously, this preview is so cheesy and completely obnoxious! It just screams, "Look, we're normal, but we're quirky, but we're sooooo normal". UGH!

I'm pretty sure it is not being run by the "I'm a Mormon" people, but it also doesn't look like a grassroots thing either. The company doing it is called Market Mind Media - I wonder who is paying their bills... anyone have any info on the guys behind this gem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 08:57PM

I viewed this thread sitting on the toilet. I thought I was safe because of your warning.

You didn't tell me to have a trashcan or bowl around!!!

Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 09:01PM

+1 LOL! - I should have made a better warning

Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 09:01PM

Definitely a set-up by the Mormons. Ha-ha-ha-ha! It's all in the name of the company: "Market Mind Media" Give us a break! We're not that stupid!

The guy seems hometown-gay, and the girl is a wannabe ethnic-type- actress. The camera work is professional faking being amateur. Everything about it is fake.

Posted by: anonofthis ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 09:04PM

I want to see the sequel in a year after she married the tbm and gets the garments and dresses like sheri dew.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 10:51PM

If that's a reality show I'm Ben Affleck. Didja notice his Coke bottle with what looks like duct tape wrapped around it? And I was waiting for someone to ask her if she was less valiant in the pre-existence.

I admit, I only got through half of it before feeling hurl-bound.....

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 11:05PM

LOL WTF! Definitely commented...the mormons are digging themselves into a huge hole with all this youtube/media publicity- I honestly think it's going to backfire

Posted by: fascinated nevermo ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 11:09PM

Yeah, I feel like all the publicity of the church with the whole Mitt Romney campaign IS going to backfire. So far the media's reaction seems pretty tame, but I'm just waiting for one journalist to dig into the history and for it to all unravel from there...

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: December 06, 2011 12:07AM

Yeah, people are already so annoyed with the "and I'm a Mormon" ads on youtube...all this crap is just fuel for the fire...it's giving everyone something to laugh at

Posted by: this alien ( )
Date: December 05, 2011 11:50PM

i actually want to watch this...i mean, they are going to have to deal with the less-than-normal aspects of the mo's...and yeah, what about that diet coke!

Posted by: horny guy ( )
Date: December 06, 2011 12:24AM

Why would this video make someone puke? She is a gorgeous gal. This movie inspires me to want to get in her shorts. And after spending a month in Utah dating a Mormon I bet she'd be all ready for a night of good wholesome fun. I think my fellow exmo heterosexual males will know what I mean ;)

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: December 06, 2011 12:29AM

Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: December 06, 2011 02:52AM

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: December 06, 2011 02:57AM

This was scripted..... Or at the very least partially scripted like that show on MTV....what was it called?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.