Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kmackie ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 07:41AM

My grandaughter age 6 received an invite by post this morning to a ward christmas party,she has never attended this ward,her Mum ( my daughter)was a member from age 3-14,never attended since then,why would they do this,in the climate we live where everyone needs checks before they can work with children in any capacity are they leaving themselves open to allegations etc;

I have replied( no contact number was given only address)expressing my astonishment,and requesting ( with my daughters knowledge) that their names be removed and no contact of any sort be made,are they stupid or crazy or what,I work in a voluntary capacity with primary age children and have to have a Disclosure Scotland done regularly,is TTSC exempt from this,if so,can anyone tell me why.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 07:57AM

They'll scrape any barrel, invade any boundary, insult anyone's sense of propriety and decency in hopes of that one in a million chance of dragging in one more tithe payer.

This child's parents need to inform the bishop that this tactic is wrong. It was always bad to approach a minor child this way but it's worse than ever in the world of today.

Listen up, mormons:

You look like desperate stalkers when you don't first check with parents before sending invitations to children. This is a tactic used by shifty-eyed perverts who offer kids candy from the back of rattle trap vans with blackened windows to hide stained matresses rolled up inside.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 10:39AM

The mormon church gets away with breaking many laws because no one bothers to bring charges.

Also, as far as I know there are no laws which force churches to comply with the regulations public schools must follow.

I was a teacher for many years and had to be fingerprinted, get a thorough background check, and have regular TB testing. Churches have no such restrictions.

Perhaps others have more information on this.

In my mind churches need to follow prudent practices even if the law doesn't step in and force these issues. Clearly, the mormon church has not told wards or missionaries to stop contacting children without first getting parent permision. They do this all the time and seem surprised that anyone would object.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 01:28PM

Listen up, mormons:

You look like desperate stalkers when you don't first check with parents before sending invitations to children. This is a tactic used by shifty-eyed perverts who offer kids candy from the back of rattle trap vans with blackened windows to hide stained matresses rolled up inside.

E X A C T L Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This also looks like the SAME thing Jerry Sandusky of Penn State fame/infamy may have done in the past....

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 10:48AM

I would advise your daughter to formally resign from the church. She can even do it via email. Complete directions are here:

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

Resigning would increase the chances of your grandaughter not being inappropriately contacted again.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 11:35AM

When are invites solicited?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 11:36AM by quebec.

Posted by: KMACKIE ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 12:02PM

My daughter has done this now,sent email and will follow up with letter to UK headquarters,thanks for advice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.