Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 09:03PM

While I was off having a nice chat at a coffeehouse this morning with a newly non-believing mo from my ex-ward (what a pleasant surprise), my partner got unsuspectingly ambushed by her visiting teacher who she has previously told NOT to come in any church capacity. (she's somewhat of a friend) well, she called twice yesterday (we didn't answer), so today she drops by. My partner tells her again how she does NOT want church contact. This lady says to her "well, I don't have a choice. I was assigned to visit teach you."

Partner says to her that she is ready to resign and have her name removed from their lists. The lady says...yea, sounds like you're gonna have to do that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alan ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 09:10PM

Partner should just go ahead and resign her membership. I haven't had any Mormon contact me since I turned mine in. It's easy - just give name and birth date along with statement of resignation to dodgegw@ldschurch.org

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 09:10PM

Place an ad in your local craigslist offering a newer corvette in great condition for a couple of hundred dollars with your visiting teachers name, email, cell, landline, work phone, and home address.

State that your ex fiance gave you the car, you do not want to be reminded of him, and want it off your property.

That should keep her busy and off of your case for a while.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 10:42PM

Posted by: no-mo-mo ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 11:54PM

Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 11:27PM

"well, I don't have a choice. I was assigned to visit teach you."
"...yea, sounds like you're gonna have to do that."

Hahaha! What a goon!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 04:25AM

"I don't have a choice." Wah Wah...

Every one always has a choice. In this case, this VT could have exercised compassion and wisdom if she had wanted to, instead of her knee jerk reflex Mo responses.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 12:07AM

It was the last straw. We sent in her resignation tonight via email. She hasn't been to church for over 25 years. She was finally ready.

Posted by: European View ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 05:22AM

This is the second posting in 24 hours where someone has been prompted to actually resign because of the actions of their VT/Primary teacher.

Keep it up TSCC.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 09:16AM

"I don't have a choice."

Real big on Free Agency, I hear that church is.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 09:23AM

VT/HT are such anachronisms. The three hour block on Sunday isn't enough indoctrination? I'm at a loss as to why the LDS church has continued with this program that is such a drain on members' time and psyches.

I could understand if it were a strictly volunteer program for members who *request* regular church visitors (perhaps the very elderly and the infirm.)

What is the church justification for VT/HT?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 09:41AM

They actually do but won't exercise their options.

Your partner also thinks she has no choice but to politely explain about no contact again and again. She's only seeing the option when there are several others available to her.

Retaliating with a measure of aggressiveness.

Resigning.

Being a brick wall against boundary violations by never, never, never answering the door or phone calls.

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 10:28AM

What ever it takes to "break the hold" of the LDS Church on a person is good.

While not meaning to, the some-what of a friend (VT), was the "last straw". Her statement of her "not having a choice" to her meant that you did not have a choice either.

The time for this comment has passed, but if you had asked her "where is the free-agency in this?" it might have been a thought-provoker for her, if she is still capable of having her own non-church controlled thought.

Be thankful that you are able to see the foolishness of the scorecard that the VT have to keep on doing their visiting teaching to please an unpleasable organization.

...and when you are asked, and you more-than-likely will be, what drove you from the Church, tell that the "last straw" was having a VT who disreguarded your "free agency".

Of course, the members will say that you were "offended". That is because that is "Mormon speak". It is the same as Ba-a-a-h, ba-a-a-h, ba-a-a-h", is for sheep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 10:29AM by rowan.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.