Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 03:52PM

...would you personally drop an e-mail note to Jeffrey Meldrum and apologize to him for thinking that he was a quack for all of his "BigFoot" research that he had previously engaged in?

###

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 03:57PM

I think it would be cool if big foot turned out to be true. But I wouldn't be interested in a relationship.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 04:02PM

We should give Bigfoot the name of Cain.

Posted by: ablmu65 ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 04:03PM

We find big foot and find out that the species is far older than anyone could have predicted and they speak many different languages.

They have a complete history of the world and recall when Homo-sapiens first arrived and how they had to take care of them after their spaceship crashed and sometimes they wished they would have just put them out of their misery instead of nursing the male and female back to health.

Sure would like to see the religious spin on that one.

Wait... what! no mark of Cain, or even garden of Eden, It was all just made up?

Now what do we do?

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 04:19PM

Either that or some church will call for the "Great Sasquatch Hunt".

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 04:46PM

Of course my good friend Jesus Smith has some really substantial stuff hypothesizing on the plates and whether they existed; you should've seen Will Bagley and him discussing the subject at lunch... There's nothing unreasonable about investigating how JS may have used some "props," it just not something that interests me (since the hard evidence has doubtless vanished).

Okay, if Jeffrey Meldrum got into the car, I probably wouldn't ask him for the fare up front...

But I would engage him on that "big toe" issue because it's unlikely that one evolved independently (the non-opposable big toe is essentially for upright walking). So he would have to provide a scenario for a primate arriving in the Western Hemisphere in archaic times...

Which isn't born out by the fossil record. I would expect him to point to a few fossils in Asia, like Peking Man, homo florensis, and the new one whose finger bone was found in Siberia. Another typical apologist shell game. And of course anyone who believes a non-maritime people could manage a sea voyage to the New World before the time of Christ isn't likely to have many sharp knives in his critical thinking drawer.

And honest, I started out "totally objective" on the issue of Bigfoot (a few "believers" who've come here probably doubt that one, but it's true). What I've come to realize is there are lots of scoundrels out there, whether deluded or deliberately dishonest isn't clear, but we already knew that from seeing the [DELETED!] Party... Sasquatch is a fraud, period.

Posted by: Michaelm ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 05:21PM

I am too skeptical. I saw the news stories about the Georgia BigFoot that was "found".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75kGeytx-zE

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406101,00.html

It would be the same for me if the LDS church announced that they had the gold plates. A hoax is a hoax.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 05:24PM

I think there is a greater chance of finding a Bigfoot than there is of finding the Lamanites/Nephites.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: December 13, 2011 06:09PM

And, if so, what could he be working on?

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 02:08PM

I wish there was a like button to click for your post! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.