Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 08:06AM

LDS claims are that Adam & Eve are the first humans (at least with light and knowledge). That they were innocent until they fell. That they began immediately with an animal sacrifice after the fall. That the endowment & sealing are essential ordinances, with their fullest form containing oaths with various forms of execution requiring slit throats and sliced abdomens.

Without blades and the understanding of killing, animal sacrifices and death oaths wouldn't have been possible.

That means Elohim/Jehovah must have, according to Mormon lore, invented and introduced weapons to mankind.

Or is this another, lets use satan to fulfill the plan and do our dirty work...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 11:38AM

I wonder where animal sacrifice comes from in the first place; probably to appease an imagined being who causes natural disasters? Without knowledge of volcanos or earthquakes, the imagination might come up with a story that an angry "god" lives on a mountain, and then "Let's go up and kill a goat to placate "god.""--and then make that place so holy that others won't go up and see that the goat has actually been eaten by wolves or is just rotting. I wonder if later on animal sacrifices were absconded with by the priests to have a nice lunch...

Anyway, giving up something important is still the reason for sacrifice o keep the followers in line, but it also builds up the organization with wealth for the followed.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 01:10PM

Totally.

Earthquake = something is hungry. Let's feed it.

Earthquakes keep happening = something didn't like our offering. Feed it something better.

Earthquakes continue to happen = something didn't like the best food we have to offer. Feed it a person.

Earthquakes still continue to happen = something didn't like the person we offered. Feed it the most prized person we have: a female virgin.

Earthquakes still continue to happen = somebody steps up and says that the "something" responsible for the earthquake told them what they need to do to stop earthquakes. Coincidentally, this works out to the best interests of the person claiming supernatural communication.

Earthquakes still continue to happen = somebody steps up and says they aren't doing what the "something" wants them to do correctly. More rules are given.

Earthquakes still continue to happen = somebody steps up and says that the "something" wants everyone to continue doing what they're doing, but sometimes the "something" has its own reasons for sending earthquakes even when they're doing what they want it to do.

Earthquakes still continue to happen = Mormon Missionaires knock on your door...

Posted by: captainmoroni ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 01:15PM

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 01:47PM

At one point I was fascinated by the Temple of Solomon and read and watched all I could about the building and it's use. I will cut to the chase: it was a slaughterhouse.

There was a pipe at the base of the alter to drain away the blood so it wouldn't puddle up in the courtyard, there were tables with hooks to hang the carcasses of the dead animals on, and a big container of water so the priests could tidy up.

In a cash-poor society, access to grain and meat meant eating well..very well. And so, the "priesthood" was born. A scam from the start.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.