Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 10:39AM

Last time they hunted me down was when we were living in my inlaw's house. They came over a couple times but I was genuinely not home (except for once...) A week before we moved 2 ladies I had never seen in my life stopped by to bring me a birthday present (a candle that said 'Let your light so Shine' gag) and give me the RS newsletter. When I mentioned we were moving (but did NOT tell them where) they offered to help us move. I wonder if anyone would have actually showed up?

Since then we haven't heard anything from them once they finally figured out that we were not the mormon family that used to live in our current house (but hadn't lived there for over 10 months when we moved in, must not have paid enough tithing to keep from losing it...)

But last night I came home to a christmas card with no return address. I immediately got that sinking feeling and just knew. I opened it to find a generic 3 wisemen card with 3 signatures and a folded up print-out of their christmas message. The message was clearly crafted to make them seem main-stream christian, and I figure it was probably sent out from on high for all the bishops to use. So now I'm bracing myself for random plates of cookies (that will go directly in the trash) to show up...

I still wish I would have had it together enough to tell those last ladies how creepy it is to have strangers show up at your house with a birthday present and a newsletter for something you have never once attended with your name listed on it. I know they think they're being 'loving' and 'reaching out' but seriously, do they not think we can figure out how to find the local mormons without them showing up uninvited?

I am hoping that since this time around I am armed with the knowledge that there will most likely be someone showing up, I can remember some of the great statements I've read on here to make them think a little...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 11:32AM

Heh...it's easy for them to volunteer, since it would be the guys doing the actual labor, should any show up.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 11:40AM

My exmo sister HATED it when priesthood guys used to interrupt her birthday dinner with phone calls telling her happy birthday, come back to church.

I wish I could step in and tell them a thing or two for you. Their so-called good intentions be damned!

Posters might DEMAND that you MUST resign. Think about it and do what suits *your* needs. You're in charge now, not the mormons or anyone else.

Posted by: dclarkfan1 ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 11:51AM

For what I gather, foggy is a nevermo, Cheryl, and the only reason she's in this mess is because the previous tenants in the house she lived in was LDS. So resigning is unnecessary, she was never a member.

I may be reading that message wrong, but that is how I understand it.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 11:53AM

Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 12:29PM

No, DH is nevermo, I am BIC, pioneer ancestry, so on and so forth...

I was hoping to lay low until my grandparents have all passed because I figure information about my resigning will get out, and I know it will hurt them a lot. (I know my parents will be very sad as well, but I feel like they are young enough and healthy enough to handle it)

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 01:22PM

Just like junk mail that arrives with no return address. “Open today!” “You won!” yet the sender hides under anonymity, hoping to deceive us into thinking it is a legitimate piece of mail and opening it. We have come to expect deviousness from routine junk mailers; but normally, we would not expect a well-known church to omit its return address. However, for the Morg to send things that sneaky way is perfectly consistent with its lifelong pattern of deceit.

Those with positive intentions toward us have no reason to hide their identity!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.