Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 07:53AM

Has anyone ever pickted a new temple being built in a given neighbourhood? Or canvassed a neighbourhood with the "facts"?

The nevermos probably haven't got a clue what is being built in their own backyard!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 08:25AM

Actually, I would love it if they built a McTemple in our community. We have a lot of tourism down here, and parking is generally a problem. That big lot, surrounding a temple that stayed empty most days of the week, would do wonders for downtown parking.

Besides I don't like picketing the construction of any religious building. People have a right to believe what they will, no matter how insane, and if you would let one religion build a chapel, then you should probably let the Mormons build a temple, the Muslims a mosque, the Jews a synagog, or my pagan group our Norse styled meed hall that is in no way a means of slipping a bar past our local communities tight zoning restrictions.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 11:47AM

Exmos have passed out fliers at temples. Richard Packham created a concise informational handout and I think it was used for at least one temple in Oregon.

When I went to the Sacramento temple tour, there were Christians with signs and materials for anyone who would take them.

I've also seen picketing at the SL temple and read about it here on RfM.

I don't know specifics about canvassing neighborhoods. Sounds like a good idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 11:49AM by Cheryl.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 11:53AM

Another reason I am not opposed to the Mormons building more temples. Their media efforts surrounding the openings of new ones, always bring about so many opportunities in order to spread the word on what they are really like.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 01:19PM

I think the TBBM (totally blind believing mormons haha) just see those people that are trying to reveal 'the sacred sick secrets' of the temple as people who are under satan's power. So, it probably just increases their faith in their demented minds because they are taught that anyone who doubts or denies 'the ONE true gospel' is surrendering to satan's power so they just feel more special like the church wants them to and like they are so much better than the naysayers. It also probably just validates their belief that they are in the true gospel of God and satan is bad. I'm rambling on like that last sentence but you get the point. Now that I have recently seen the truth, I have wanted so many times to just scream out and tell everyone what I have learned but even my semi-non-believing mo-friends started defending the church when I pointed out the obvious lies. lol

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 01:33PM

Is it sacred or scary? They have the c's mixed up.

My brother and his wife could have been married naked and we wouldn't have known. None of us were "temple worthy."

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 02:35PM

show those "I'm a mormon" ads, it's fair game to talk about the temple. Somehow, mormons think that they can be weird behind closed doors and it's okay, but not okay if anybody reveals it.

It would be great to see a pair of temple-dressed mormons doing their handshake thing, look in the camera, and say, "and we're mormons!"

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 03:33PM

@jpt- i laughed at your post for like 3mins. :)

And I just figured out why so many people keep it a secret because they don't want anyone to know they participate in such sick scary silliness. I'd never tell a soul what I did in there either. LMAO (then again, im certain i'd have walked out the minute they told me to get naked and put on a sideless poncho cuz they were gonna do WHAT? to me? "I'm out!"

I love reading stories of people that share their reaction to their finding out what really happens in there only by experiencing. I love the guy that went into the changing room, left his jesus jammies laying on the floor and just walked out! Love that guy whoever he is :)

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 03:22PM

in one, young girls were raped.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 03:55PM

What goes on in main stream mormon temples.....
Fantasy that you have stepped out of the real world and into heaven.
Fantasy that you are more knowledgeable than the rest of the world because you know the routine to get into heaven.
Fantasy that you are guaranteed to go to heaven in the next life.
Fantasy that you are saving everyone who has ever lived on earth.
Fantasy that you are binding your family to you forever.
Fantasy that the rest of the world looks up to you for doing this.
Fantasy that satan can't be in the building with you.
Fantasy that your dead relatives are there with you.
Fantasy that nothing bad will happen to ur family while ur there.
Fantasy that your spouse also is thinking what you are.
Fantasy that you will be uber blessed for being there.
Fantasy that being in the celestial room is special.

Basically they go there to play dress up and fantasize about how they wish their life really was. Lots of them do this weekly or monthly. Like a little vacation from reality.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 04:06PM

...the greatest mindF#(k not known to mankind. Unless they look on the internet.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.