Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 05:59PM

I'm thinking about getting the SO one of these for x-mas, but I'm not sure which one (if any). She likes to listen to music and has a crappy little MP3 player right now that's not doing the job.

I've read the camera sucks on the iPod Touch, and I think maybe the iPad is too bulky?

What are your thoughts? Anyone with experience?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 06:22PM

If it's to listen to music, is the camera that high of a priority?
If it's to listen to music, would carrying around something the size of a small book be practical?

The thing is, the ipod touch is much more of an entertainment device than just an MP3 player. It also has a much smaller harddrive than the ipod classic.

So, how big is her music collection? Does she already have a smartphone that will do most of what an ipod touch/ipad can do?

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 06:45PM

If music is the main priority, I'd go with the iPod touch. It's smaller size makes it much more practical for music on the go. That said, I have an iPad, and love it. I found it great when I was traveling this summer, easy to pull out in a restaurant to pull up maps or tourist info from the net.
Re: the camera, I don't know what the camera on an iPod touch is like, but the iPad camera kind of sucks, IMO.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 07:18PM

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 07:26PM

If she wants it for music and pics, get an iPhone. Great camera and video cam. and ipod comes standard. I just got a iPad2 and I love it, especially as a reader and for the interwebs.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 16, 2011 08:29PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.