Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 03:37AM

http://mormon.org/me/7YH1/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2011 03:56AM by derrida.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anfernee ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 05:50AM

Finally a church website that tells the truth :)

Probably won't last long.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 06:41AM

LOL!

"Please share your feelings/testimony of Joseph Smith."

Personally, I think that Joseph Smith was a bastard.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 07:53AM

you say that JS married 14 yr olds

That's a Totally unfair comment........he only married one 14 year old.... other girls he married were as old as 16 or more!!

Posted by: jamie ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 02:39AM

now marrying a 14 year old is bad but back before temperence movement consent age was really like 10

goes to show how you need to look at things in context and not use their values of what a teaching means and say it can never be changed

what reasons for a bible teaching or a doctirine and covenant written 100 and even 2000 years ago need to be changed or ignored if knowing things then that we do today would make it not even exist at all

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 10:18AM

It's still up this morning. I'm really surprised.
This guy Matt rocks!

Susan

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 10:32AM

This is gr8!

I wish I could post on the temple FAQ as follows: "mormon temples are tools for the systematic extortion of the members."

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 10:51AM

That's AWESOME!!!! I wonder how long before it is discovered and 86'd? You go, Matt!!

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 10:53AM

If Matt is on here, please email me. I want to post a profile that speaks the truth.

jesussmith.exmo at gmail. com

Posted by: Kiribati ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 03:03AM

Jamie, Your comment made me wonder if you were being sarcastic.

I hope so, because otherwise, you have some fact checking to do.

Date: January 09, 2012 09:56AM

i suggest you try reading law books and texts from the time and not just what blogs on google says

people need to look more at things actually written at the time you want to study and not just what you find on google

do this and you will be surprised how facts can be different than some web blog

people also need to judge a person based on what life is like at that time in history since 200 years ago has complete different living standards than today and same with 2000 years ago

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 10:28AM

So Jamie, on and for the record, with whatever god you believe in as your witness, you're claiming that 200 years ago the "AGE OF CONSENT" was 10 years old?

I just want to clarify what you're saying. What evidence can you provide to substantiate this claim?

Date: January 09, 2012 10:37AM

try reading

the answer is already there

there is no web link to the actual printed version of a law book written and used at the time

get in your car and go where all those old books actually is and read

if you want evidence of things 2000 years ago then go to the actual scholar library that keeps the origional scrolls and texts written during the days of jesus - hint is i hear that is also where the actual dead sea scrolls is

Date: January 09, 2012 10:42AM

Wow. Just wow.

First of all, THERE ARE NO SCROLLS from the time of jesus. The earliest manuscripts date to the 2nd century CE. So there are no writings from jesus' times to go and read. Unless you are the one person in the entire world who knows where there are contemporary records of jesus. You could be a billionaire.

And I must say I'm impressed by your admonition to "try reading." Gosh, you got me there. Pray tell, dear Jamie. When I go to the library, what book will I be checking out? What page will I go to in order to verify your claim that 200 years ago the AGE OF CONSENT was 10 years old?

Also, why would a 10-year old girl, who isn't even menstruating yet, be capable of consenting to marry a 30+ year old alcoholic like Joseph Smith?

I await your most elquent reply..

Date: January 09, 2012 10:54AM

no scrolls from the time of jesus - i guess all those people studying scrolls in egypt must be pretty stupid then

and you obviously do not know the difference between a public library and a scholar library

public library - has books printed recently

scholar library - has scrolls and texts that is thousands of years old

Date: January 09, 2012 10:57AM

The earliest new testament manuscript is P52 and dates to about 125 CE. There are no contemporary accounts of Jesus.

Please point out a single document dating to the 1st Century CE that talks about jesus...

And what does Egypt have to do with contemporary accounts of jesus?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 10:58AM by kolobian.

Date: January 09, 2012 11:30AM

Date: January 09, 2012 10:46AM

seems you are only interested in being a troll

there is no more need to keep this going

i already tell people several times how to find evidence of things

i guess you will refuse to read even if i come get you and pay all costs to take you all over the world to the different scholar libraries and put the scrolls and books that is from the time you want to say there is no proof and actually sit you down and put all this in your hand

since all you want is supposed to be on google or not exist and be a troll then i have no more time for you

a person must do the work and get off google and go to the source and that is scrolls from 2000 years ago and if you want to know what a law is in the year 1823 then you must go back to the origional book used by the courts during that year

quit being a troll and do research by going to where stuff really is and use origional texts and not just google

Date: January 09, 2012 10:51AM

Does your mother know you're on the computer unsupervised?

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 10:53AM

Relax Jamie, this board can get tough sometimes but people here are not your enemies. Is this one of the books you were talking about? It does say 10 years old. Around here at RFM you gotta back up what you say or it gets rough.

http://books.google.com/books?id=im4UAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA197&lpg=PA197&dq=missouri+age+of+consent+1840&source=bl&ots=1_GxzLJ6xE&sig=D-jz6rWADx7wwxXI5_IhH6PlcWU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MwsLT4GGAoL8ggflybmTAg&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Date: January 09, 2012 10:56AM

that is not one of the books

but it does have a lot of copied info

i actually go to libraries that keep books from the year i want to study

if i want to know what a scroll says i go to egypt and read

things like the dead sea scrolls do not have a google link so you must take the time and money and fly there to read stuff

Date: January 09, 2012 11:04AM

One problem I found is that so many older books are in special manuscript collections. Some are so fragile that very few people are granted permission to see them. The internet is a most incredible library now. These special collections documents are digitized and made available for everyone! Just trying to give a friendly pointer. If you provide a link to a digitized book it helps back up your point.

Date: January 09, 2012 11:07AM

The Dead Sea Scrolls are online now.
http://dss.collections.imj.org.il/media

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 11:23AM

THe age of consent in Missouri in 1835 may have been 10, but in 1840 in Illinois it was 18.

http://books.google.com/books?id=FKgVHCUZED8C&pg=PA248&dq=missouri+age+of+consent+1840&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wRILT5nsOYXj0QGF8KjoBQ&ved=0CEwQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=missouri%20age%20of%20consent%201840&f=false

So much for Jamie's ridiculous insinuation that a low age of consent was universal.

Date: January 09, 2012 11:31AM

Thanks informer. The internet is the best research tool the world has ever had.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 11:04AM

Bigamy was completely illegal anywhere the mormons practiced it, so JS taking more than one wife was against the law. And he died in Carthage jail in Missouri, with enough wives to make him guilty 33 or more times over.

I've seen the law books of the time, go find them yourself to verify the truthiness of my statement.

I bet you wish the age of consent was still 10, don't ya, troll.

Posted by: Abunyip ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 07:13AM

Followed the link and received:

"Oops!

Sorry, the page cannot be found, the page you are looking for may no longer be available, is temporarily unavailable or the address has been entered incorrectly.
If you typed the page address in the address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Open the mormon.org home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the back button to try another link.
Click the search to look for the information.

404 Not Found"

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 03:07PM

I think its back on but edited by LDS cult recruit personnel?

The featured question 'Why do some call mormonism a Cult'?

'Elizabeth' supposedly replies?

http://mormon.org/me/7YH1/

Sounds like typical LDS cult BS and deception.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 09:58AM

Now both those links are gone. :-(

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 10:25AM

"Not everything that is true is useful." I guess they're culling out the 'unuseful' truth.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 11:00AM

I think because hof how thair page is desighned and how the hackers messed with it they litrealy had to take the thing down peace by peace.

It means for something quite so extensive they had people looking though the site structure well before the hacking attempt so as soon as it was hacked everything was ready to upload.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 11:10AM

Matt- pack your virtual backpack and let us go down....

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.