Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 10:36PM

thru the holiday season without being love bombed with goodies. But alas, the lovely stake counselor could not resist an opportunity to show his love for my family. I guess it was good that I was elsewhere earlier this evening, or I might have reacted differently. At least it was not cookies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 10:56PM

I know the feeling. Being on the receiving end of all this "love" does not feel like a good thing. I don't think they have any idea of how this makes people feel. I would like to think they would stop it if they knew.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 11:16PM

In all the time since we've been gone from church not one plate of goodies has been left on our step. In fact the only time people left us goodies was when we were first starting to come to church, me a prospective Elder (read- inactive) and the rest of the family nonmembers. They lovebombed the heck out of us for a while, and then they stopped as soon as my wife got baptized. Totally understandable, I mean, you don't continue putting bait on a line if the fish is already in the bucket.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: December 25, 2011 08:52AM

What WAS it then?

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: December 25, 2011 10:59AM

A fresh pineapple and chocolate. It would be taken differently if this individual was a friend before the disaffection, but to me it is just checking off a box, trying to make the compliance professionals look spiffy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.