Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 10:23AM

http://extras.sltrib.com/pdfs/jeffs_1128.pdf

These revelations are even given an especial endorsement from the Patriarch of the Church Vaughan E. Taylor and the "Counselor in the Bishopric" John M. Barlow. Here's what these beloved priesthood leaders wrote:

".... this message is the very word of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, to all peoples of all nations; a word of holy receiving if you would seek salvation at the mercy and justice of God exercised in thy behalf"

I reckon these holy FLDS(ers) have followed the tradition of the LDS(ers) in having their holy men also use their middle initials distinctly as part of their names.

One thing I do admire in the FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs (his perversions not counted or respected in any manner) is how he's not afraid to say what he feels. He's so much more like Joseph Smith and Brigham Young than the 15 jellomasters who currently run the LDS, inc. corporate empire. If I were to be a believer in the dogma of Joe Smith again I think I'd probably have to lean more towards the Jeffs/Barlow clan than the Monson/Packer clan as I just can't fathom how anyone can seriously call the religion of Monson/Packer anything like that of Smith/Young. Whatever happened to the Last Days, the building up of the New Jerusalem in Jackson County MO, and the Lamanites' latter-day mission? IMO the LDS inc. has lost its credibility to anyone with any knowledge and real ethics. But alas the Book of Mormon is fiction, Book of Abraham & Kinderhook Plates are bogus, Joe plagiarized the Masons, the whole polygamy history is sleezy/crooked, and the First Vision story lacks any credibility. Throw on top of this all the scientific evidences on the Big Bang, earth being billions of years old, Grand Canyon history, evidence of the meteor destroying dinosaurs, Lake Bonneville, biological evolution, and a whole host of other scientific evidences + all the problems with the Old/New Testaments and thus I can't take any of the branches of Mormondom or many other religions seriously.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 12:01PM

The odds of that are less than those of the Earth being hit by a planet-buster. In fact, the Earth being hit by a planet-buster may just be the only way Seattle actually would get hit by a tidal wave.

(Please note, I'm well aware that the entire Pacific Northwest Coastline is at risk for a tidal wave -- but Seattle itself is protected by the Olympic Penninsula which would likely break the force of any tidal surge.)

Nothing like someone revealing just how ignorant they are. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.