Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 10:24AM

Many times TBMs accuse inactives and exmos of being "crazy." Why? Because someone would have to be a fruitloop to give up being mormon and lose their family and their eternal salvation.

So who is crazy? The one who believes in living a tithe-free, magical-undie free life? Or the one who says everyone except TBMs must be crazy?

Sometimes I hear or read what mishies say about the people they visited on their missions. These mishies say the people were "crazy" because they came to the door improperly dressed, half asleep, or because they didn't know their tattoos or foul language would be offensive to Utah bred mishie kids.

But who is crazy in this case? Someone minding their business in their own home? Or the kids dressed like 1950s chior boys who are preaching about imaginary visions and worshipping dead polygamist pedophiles 24/7, instead of going to school and having a social life?

Mormons and some exmos say that people in their homes owe it to morg mishies to be always on call, dressed according to morg expectations, ready and willing to drop everything to greet mishies who show up unannounced.

One misguided RM on the board told me the other day, "What's wrong with you? Is it so hard to walk to the door, open it, and say no thank you?"

The dummy assumes that people in their homes must all be ambulatory, not be napping, not have sleeping babies, not be on ladders, not have jobs at home, not be sick, and never never have aversions to religious nutcase trespassers without boundaries.

What is more crazy that morg expectation? Or the assumption that people in their homes have a right to protect their private time at home alone or with family?

Mormons say almost everyone else crazy? Look who's talking!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2011 12:08PM by Cheryl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beansandbrews ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 10:53AM

So true Cheryl. I have been fortunate not to be bothered.
But I have started saying to my Mormon relatives and neighbors one statement.

"you are basing everything you do, say, or think on an assumption that what you believe is real and true.
It is in your mind, but to others it is not. In the real world no one else sees things this way or cares."

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 08:16PM

I read it 3 times because I wanted to remember it. I'm sure I'll get a chance to use it. Because Mormons think their view of reality and what is important is the only view of reality that is valid. The only problem is that very, very few people buy into that mindset and all the rest think it's either crazy or unimportant.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 08:32PM

I love that too!

CA girl- Copy and paste it and e-mail it to yourself. I have done that with so many of the great thoughts and things people have to say on here. Sounds weird but the wisdom out there is so profound.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 08:34PM

Posted by: fallenangela ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 11:26AM

My brother is currently living with our TBM parents and recently overheard a neighbor tell them his son had just gotten divorced because the son's wife "went off the deep end and left The Church." My brother and I had a rousing conversation about who, exactly, is off the deep end in all this - the people who believe in magical stories, or the ones who saw the crack in the facade and let the whole thing crumble?

I mean, honestly! It's being "off the deep end" if you no longer believe a 14 year old kid saw God and Jesus out in the woods? And then later translated a book with the use of rocks? This is what passes as being mentally sound? It's so ridiculous!

Several years ago, after I heard my parents had contacted the bishop for the ward whose boundaries I happened to live in asking him to have some visiting teachers visit me, I called my folks to let them know how not appreciated that was. My sister was able to hear their side of the conversation and so then called me to let me know how ungrateful I was, etc. As part of this she said, "Woold you really turn those women away, Angela? Would your turn (other sister) and I away if we came to your door?." I said, "No. Because you are my sisters." To which she replied, "Those other women are just like us!"

Seriously? She feels so interchangable with every other LDS woman that she thinks a stranger, who happens to share the same religion, is the same as my sister coming to see me?

I simply cannot wrap my head around "logic" such as all of the above.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 09:01PM

she feels slighted if anyone objects or doesn't treat strangers the way a sibling would treat her.

That is a quirky little short circuit within her mind.

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 07:46AM

The insane asylum is full of crazies.
The LDS church is full of Mormons.

The "crazies" think the rest of the world is wrong thinking.
The "Mormons" think the rest of the world is wrong thinking.

Does the rest of the world value and want to be guided by the thoughts and beliefs of crazy people in the asylum?

Does the rest of the world value and want to be guided by the thoughts and beliefs of Mormons in the LDS Church?

Now, think really hard--Do you want to be with the crazies, the Mormons or the rest of the world?

Sometimes a question is more revealing than the answer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.