Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lds area president ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 04:52AM

A typhoon has hit Taipei in Taiwan killing 1000 people and leaving nearly 100,000 people homeless.

Here is a great pr opportunity.I am going to withdraw $1 million dollars from the church bank account.I want the local stake president to come with me to visit the Taiwanese president,so we can present him with a cheque for $1 million dollars.This will be a great photo opportunity.We will have our photo taken with me as the area president and the stake president presenting the president of Taiwan with the cheque to donate to the typhoon victims.The photo will be published in the national newspapers,WOW!

Please alert me if there is any other great public relations opportunity such as this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: COB Accountant ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 09:06AM

Sounds like a great plan. But that number has to be cut down to 40K. You should also bring along the Mission President as the whole intent of this 40K investment is to help the missionaries find more tithepayers. And don't forget to have Elizabeth Smart there to help reinforce the principle that the LDS gospel makes all the difference in overcoming tragedies. She's especially useful because her dad will cover her plane fare and hotel room and we must never lose sight that the purpose of this whole work of the church is for living latter-day profits.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 10:29AM

My detector is going off!

The TSCC likes to pay "in kind" not by $$s!

Where are the bales of used clothes
(worth the 1 Mil when new twenty years ago)

That they like to send to disaster areas???

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 10:40AM

Wasn't there some minor scandal some years ago, when the Morg sent loads of dated medicin to some disaster victims?

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 11:17AM

And don't you love how they have to come rolling in in marked trucks and wearing bright yellow Mormon Helping Hands t-shirts? If it were really about service, they wouldn't have to advertise or turn it into a photo op. It's about showing off--look how charitable we are, look how friendly, don't you want to know more about our church? Please.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:08PM

Left Hand: Hey, what are you doing?
Right Hand: Helping out with this disaster relief. Wait, aw shit! I did it again, didn't I?
Left Hand: (facepalm)

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 11:20AM

spent most of my mission in Taipei. Love the place.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:05PM

Make sure to wear your yellow LD$ Inc. T-shirt.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:40PM

And don't forget to send a truckload of expendable young single adults into an unsafe area, with a load of raggedy old shirts, so you can claim to be the first relief agency to make it to the center of the storm, and to have beaten the professionally trained rescuers who prep the area, for extra PR points.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:49PM

"Don't worry, we'll help you out just as soon as the T-shirts and the cameras get here."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.