Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Smorg ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:23PM

Hi again! A few questions about missionary routine stuff. I was wondering what the routine for p-day is? I know that the mishies here get up at 6:30 on regular mornings, do 30 min of exercise, then have an hour for breakfast and personal hygiene stuff, then an hour of scripture study and an hour of companion study before heading out the door to tract for the day. I know they don't have to preach on p-days, but do they still have to get up at 6:30 and do all those exercise & studies before getting their 'time-off'?

What about the mishies serving at a historic site (like the Mormon Battalion)? The MoBatt is open on p-day and is staffed by active mishies. I've came across blogs by two of the MoBatt mishies, though, and they've gone sight-seeing on pdays. Who replace them at work?

Hope everyone is having a happy last week of 2011!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:26PM

I can only answer for mishes that were not stationed at church sites.

You are required to keep the same schedule. I knew very few missionaries that did keep the time table. I think now a'days that the morglets must wear the saleman uniform as well on P-day.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:30PM

As far as the MoBat, when I served in San Diego there were 4 or 5 sets of sisters assigned to the battalion. Some sets had tuesday for P-day instead of monday.

P-Day routines vary by level of naziness, but mine were generally spent in street clothes at the mall, chill members' homes, and in the evening a dinner appointment and an early return to the apartment. This was only after I was a senior, though. My first few x-fers were terrible. P-day was more exhausting than regular days back then...

Date: December 27, 2011 12:32PM

I hear you there kolobian. Though I hated my trainer he was pretty chill on p-day. He hated be in his uniform. The next two sucked donkey dong.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:33PM

Served in San Diego. We had two sister couples assigned to MoBat, and they alternated their p-days. The rest of the mission took their p-days on Tuesday, but one of the sister couples would take theirs on a Wednesday, so it was always covered.

Also, P-day ends at five. After that, you have to go back to selling the church.

Posted by: Smorg ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:46PM

Thanks a bunch for answers! Yikes, so the mishies don't even get a whole day off each week?

I'm pretty convinced now they (the mishies) all have Stockholm Syndrome... Even when I was an evangelical Christian for a few years I wasn't nearly indoctrinated enough to consent to paying to go on a mission with so many restrictive rules.

Come to think of it, did you guys and gals know what you were getting into when you sent that letter to request to serve a mission? The rules and stuff?

Dunno how y'all made it through the whole thing without going batty. I wouldn't last a week of having to have a shadow 24/7. :oP I think the sisters here get to wear street clothes on p-day, since they post photos on their blogs (they email them to their parents who then post on their blogs for them, I think... I found the blogs googling for the mission home's street address. ;oD ).

Date: December 27, 2011 12:48PM

The penis dominated Morg machine doesn't consider sister mishies to be legit in spreading the gospel. They have different rules and get away with more stuff. There was one in the Catonsville, MD ward that married the ward mission leader.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.