Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 09:10PM

what is it about being an RfM'er? Inactives and exmos gravitate towards us (or maybe it's the other way around).

Today at a corporate training event, met a fellow attendee who, after we got talking, was a "non-practising" mormon ... and an RM. He told me some wild stories:

He came home early from his mission. He got sucker punched by some random guy in PA. He defended himself and beat the crap out of the guy. The mission prez called him before the holy carpet and chewed him out for not "turning the other cheek". He cussed at the MP ("I was f'n defending myself!") and stormed out, called his dad, and got a ticket home.

While in a YSA ward, he noticed girls avoided him because he was marked as a "missionary that got sent home" that parents didn't want daughter hanging out with.

He tried coming back years later -- was playing ball at a church one night and was asked to give an opening prayer. He was just taking off his sweatshirt as the request was being made. The high councilman (or was it bishopric counselor) took one look at his tattoos and changed his mind. "uh ... actually, let's have brother so-and-so give the prayer instead".

He threw his hands up at that point and hasn't been back since.

Mormons are their own worst enemies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 10:07PM

this is so funny!!!!!!

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 11:27PM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 11:54PM

I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.It is a shame what happened to him and I wouldhave left the mission field too. The way he was treated would never happen in a normal church.And my pastor's wife and two daugthers have tatooes. and we are a mainstream faith- Methodist. Guess the General Conference must have approved tatooes so he is okay with it all. For me they look weird where they are placed and the color?/??//??

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.