Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 01:32PM

Be able to go to a temple session? I mean, doesn't he have secret service with him 24/7? I guess there are probably secret service who are also temple attending mormons, but it still seems like it would be quite a logistics nightmare, let alone a media event! HA!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 01:35PM

Hahaha! The Secret Service guarding the Morg Profit. That is rich. On the other hand that is what the Salt Lake City bowling trophy is for. This is assuming he goes to the temple.

Posted by: fetching49 ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 01:35PM

*IF* he actually goes to the temple I am sure they make "special arrangements" for a private session.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 01:51PM

I am willing to bet that he won't normally go to the temple, while president. The big question will be what will happen if any of his children or grandchildren get married while he is in office?

What will be sad is in the event of a family wedding, some happy couple is going to miss out on having something truly wonderful, a white house wedding, to be instead replaced by the lame temple sealing. How many people will be able to claim the church robbed them of that kind of opportunity?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 01:52PM

I used to work out with a Secret Service agent, and without giving away anything he shouldn't, he did give me a pretty good sense of the amount of advance work that goes into protecting the President and his family. The prep that the Secret Service does ahead of time for any visit is intensive and thorough.

Even if there were enough temple recommend holding agents, I don't think that the level of disruption that a presidential visit would cause would go over too well. The exception would be if the LDS church really, really wanted the publicity that a presidential temple visit would bring.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 02:39PM

Interesting, summer. Yes, I'm sure a presidential temple visit would bring a lot of publicity, but like you, I don't think the cult wants to draw attention to the 'weird, creeped-out' factor, which is what the rest of America still gets after 180 years of LD$ Inc and their super-speshul-secret-but-not-sacred-masonic temples. That and the extra security hassle.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.