Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sam ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 03:49PM

What am I most proud of? I finally made a total mental and emotional separation from the church and became totally honest with my feelings and the facts.

What would I have done differently? I wish I would have not wasted so much time clarifying things in my heart and mind

What do I hope to accomplish in 2012? To be honest and true to my feelings and to myself, to not be controlled by outside forces or by false concepts

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 03:53PM

it really is just water under the bridge.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 09:30PM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:54AM

Proudest for what I did, or for what others did? Proudest for myself is a toss up between all the great moments I had with my son. Proudest moment for my community and my country was when OBL got capped by the SEALs. Love it when wachjob religionist who want to force their way of life on others get what they deserve.

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 01:06PM

Proudest for two things - fighting my panic disorder and attempting to play in public again, and leaving the church - WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mcarp ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 04:24PM

I walked out of church on July 3rd and declared my Independence from the church.

Done. Out.

2011 sucked in a lot of ways for a lot of people, but I'll always remember 2011 and the year I left.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 05:27PM

The only way I can try to figure out where my head was is that I was raised to believe you have to find someone your same religion to date. No, I'm not stupid enough to consciously believe that now, but maybe there is something still deep in my psyche that told me if someone was the same religion as me, it would make a good relationship. I'm a Unitarian, so it's not like I am looking for someone with my same beliefs, maybe I was looking for someone with my same un-beliefs.

Anyway, it was kinda short lived, which is good, but it did make some social situations awkward for awhile, and even still does a little. I hope to flush that one away with 2011 and vow to make 2012 a relationship-free year. I think I've been having to try at least one dating foray a year to remind myself why I don't date. Hopefully last year's memory will carry me through a few years of needing reminders. At least it might get me through 2012.

edit: Oh, I did the "what would you do different" part, but not what I'm most proud of. I'm most proud of the fact that I finally realize that I don't feel like I need a man to take care of me. Not financially, not emotionally. Took me over 50 years to get there. Now if I ever found a man I'd really like to be with for the duration, it would certainly not be for reasons of dependance, which is what it really was all about for so long, whether I wanted to admit it or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2012 05:32PM by NormaRae.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.