Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 05:01AM

fcuking morg!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 05:25AM

I would just try to "friend" them again, saying that FB must have messed up.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 05:27AM

Posted by: James ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 05:50AM

Send them a message on Facebook, asking what happened. Because, you will state, you know they would never have deliberately alienated a family member, because "Family First" is far too important a concept.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 08:57AM

Blood is not thicker than Sacrament water.

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 09:16AM

voltaire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Blood is not thicker than Sacrament water.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 09:12AM

I say withold all Christmas presents. That'll teach 'em!

Ron

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 09:18AM

;)

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 09:55AM

They love their church more than a sibling. And the Morg isn't a cult?

Posted by: Searching27 ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 09:58AM

Welcome to the club though :) It bothered me at first too. But now I think I don't care :)

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 11:19AM

And we have a pretty good relationship. (Yeah, and I know I need to have a look at her page and make sure she's not posting inappropriate stuff).

Just because somebody removes you from facebook friendship doesn't mean they hate you or want to end the relationship with you. Facebook is different. Sometimes people want privacy. Maybe your relatives want to talk openly about religion without you chiming in. Maybe they don't know they can put their friends in different groups and only show some information to certain people. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe they deleted their page altogether.

Or maybe they ARE pissed at you. Hows about giving them a call or sending them an e-mail to see how they are doing?

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 11:43AM

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 12:13PM

I "unfriended" my brother's entire family because of the nastiness and personal attacks they always seemed to stoop to on Facebook. It seemed I was unable to communicate with them at all on Facebook without them reacting in an abusive manner.
They are religious fanatics and very paranoid, and one day, it was just the LAST straw.
It doesn't mean I don't love them, just that their behavior on Facebook was unacceptable.
People need to realize that Facebook is not reality and does not determine relationships. There are lots of reasons you might not want to be Facebook-friends with somebody. People use Facebook for different reasons.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 11:26AM

We should all get together and form a facebook page for those of us who have been unfriended, blocked and removed from these social networking sites, christmas lists, caller id and fireplace mantles.

We could post our names and the names of the Mormon family members who cut us off over a silly cult.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 12:04PM

ask if they did it or if it's a glitch with FB. FB has had some odd things happen from time to time, usually because of hackers, or so I've read. Some accounts were closed also that were not supposed to be closed.

I'd send a message and then Friend them again.

If they do not respond to the Friend request, as this is a close relative, I'd message back and ask why.

Some folks don't appreciate people on their FB using it for politics and religion and get annoyed and instead of just using the HIDE THIS POST or HIDE...all their posts, they delete them from their Friend list, or Block them.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 12:07PM

Make some good non-mormon friends. Family is over rated in many cases. Do we really enjoy having relatives over for Thanksgiving? I never cared for it much. I value the good friendships I've built over the years more than family.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.