Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:13PM

I've been sitting on a story for a couple of months now, waiting for the right time to share it. I figured everyone here at RFM could stand a good laugh to start out the New Year's, so here it goes.

I've got a good friend still in the church who is on his way out. He's waiting until his divorce in finalized and then he's gone, so good for him. I'm sorry about his divorce, but frankly his wife, well she gave me to heebie-jeebies. No kids, so this should make things a bit easier. Still, its been rough. Fortunately it hasn't ruined his sense of humor.

My friend is the Scoutmaster at my former local ward. The local bishop, who is an asshat of epic proportions, has this *thing* for Monson. So he managed to coerced the funding of this statue of Monson wearing a Scout Leaders uniform from the members. It was built and dedicated a couple of months back during the summer. They had some GA come and say some words, etc.

The funny part of the story is that this was the Scout's service project and involved a lot of their time and money raising effects. The church of course, paid nothing. A lot of arm twisting and threatening by the bishop pulled this project off, but in the process, made every scout invovled hate him.

I watched over the spring and summer as my friend when through the garbage of organizing workparties, paying off contractors, arranging shipments, even spending some of his own money so the job could be finished. In short, he ran the whole thing. Now you'd think there would be gratitude, right? Nope.

He didn't even get a thank you, in fact a left handed comment about his participation was all he got, then he was uncermoniously dumped from his calling to be replaced by the Bishop's son, who had just conviently returned from a mission.
He stayed in the calling long enough to take credit for the statue's completion, then was called in the EQP after it was over. To add insult to injury, they tried after that to call my friend back as a Scoutmaster! Can you believe the gall? My friend told them to shove it. Good for him!

Anyways, towards the end of the project, the boys had had enough. They pulled a prank that I'm still laughing about today. My friend told me when he got wind of it and totally ignored them, letting them get away with it.

These scouts snuck over to the church right after the statue was complete and drilled a small hole in the crotch of monson's statue. They filled the interior of Monson's state with blue dyed water, so essentially, Monson was peeing a blue streak!
The stream as it was just a dribble, but enough so you could hear it when it hit the pavement. It was like he was leaking.

They did this the night before the unveil, so it was hilarious hearing my friend talk about how embarrassed the bishop and his son were the next day in front of the GA. Every attempt to plug it failed. The whole front of the statue was blue and the boys were running around saying that Monson had blue balls!

The clever boys had even drilled holes in the statue's head so it could continue to forever pee as rainwater/condensation would continue to keep the statute topped off. LOL!

I understand the bishop had a witch hunt trying to round up the defacers of Monson's statute, but he failed. Oh, the misery.

Only in the morg...

LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:28PM

That is hysterical! Where can I visit this statue?

Posted by: ImaLurker ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:45PM

That is too funny!!! I thought only the YM in the ward I grew up in did such naughty things. So it's allll YM. Are you sure your friend didn't give the idea to the boys. LOL I love it!

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:48PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
OMFG. This one is gonna go down in RfM history. Right up there with Kotex-Head and the others.
Still laughing.......where is this statue?? And can you post any pics, Lost?
Hahahaha........STILL laughing.......;P

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:50PM

was Tommy... ever involved with Scouting?

i.e., when did ChurchCo adapt Boy Scouts as their YM program?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2012 02:51PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: Anony ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:55PM

hahahhahhahah!

Love it...

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 03:15PM

Never mind how the scouts felt about the project; the glory was all supposed to go to the bishop. The applicable saying for this case: “The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind exceedingly fine.”

Thank you for a fun start to the new year, “Lost”!

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 03:25PM

Lets hope the boys took "an oath" of secrecy "never to reveal" who did this by leaking it to a Bishop in the future!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 04:03PM

I'm getting to an age where I cannot participate in these pranks myself, but I can nod and smile with the rest of the older guys at the brilliance of the younger generation. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.