Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 05:33PM

Ok,
First of all Mitt Romney Saying on National TV that he "tried a cigarette and a beer when he was a [wayward teenager]." He is only able to do that because he is LDS Royalty. Saying something like that on National TV is something tha no ultra TBM that I know of would even dream of doing. What really got me though is him talking about going on a mission to France, in order to appear normal and "one of the people" (anyone remember that speach). As most of you know going on a mission was what broke my belief in the Morg, and I would say that being a missonary for TSCC is about as far from living like a normal person as anything I have ever experienced. If that is as close as Mitt can come to having a "real life experience" than that is scary...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 05:35PM

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 05:45PM

Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so.
~Gore Vidal

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 06:06PM

Absolutely.

Our biggest problem as a society is that only the people who seek power get it and those who can actually be trusted with it do not.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 07:58PM

Wanting to be the President of the US should be a sure fire sign that there's mental damage somewhere. ;)

Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 06:02PM

That guy looks so uncomfortable doing the meet'n greet retail politiking, it makes me cringe.

There was a tidbit in the nytimes.com about Mitt's habit of guessing people's age and relationship to each other. Like, Mitt: "So is this your daughter" Answer (redfaced): "No, this is my wife."

Ouch!

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 08:03PM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 08:04PM

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 06:16PM

I doubt it really happened. He just thinks it makes him look more like the average Joe to say things like that.

Only in mormondom does trying a cigarette or a beer make you a seriously wayward teenager.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 07:09PM

I think that's why he had his wife doing a lot of speaking with him in Iowa. She seems a little more natural than he does...

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 06:17PM

I would say that serving a mission for the LDSinc. is equivalent to being indoctrinated into the extreemist element within the Mormons. It's the religious equilivant of being a radical islamic type.....why doesn't any of the media pick up on that?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 07:16PM

"OK, so did any of you candidates ever try cannabis? Cocaine?"

Various replies including, yes, but I didn't inhale.

But then Mr, sorry, Brother Romney pipes up: "I tried a cigarette, once, uhhh, but I never actually lit it."

Sound of wind whistling as the tumble-weed blows through the streets...

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 07:33PM

Local tv station channel 2 in SLC showed clips of Romney slapping backs with the "regular folks".

One shot was in a coffee shop. Another shot was just inside or outside a bar or ballpark. There was a big neon Jim Beam sign directly behind him..

Yup...he's one of us..(sarcasm)

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: January 03, 2012 07:56PM

Didn't he already try that in France?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.