Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 06, 2012 08:18PM

I hate to sound whiny, but did any of you one-time temple "patrons" ever notice the distinct lack of natural fabrics in the Mormon temples? The rental clothes were nylon or rayon, the slippers were nylon or rayon, the silly baker's hats were nylon or rayon (with the silly little plastic stiffening disk inside), and even the veil was rayon or nylon. Everything zinged when you walked. Get up to move from one room to the next, and everyone stood up in a swoosh, then went zing-zing-zing to the next room. The only thing that was cotton, as I remember, was the rental robe, which should have been nylon or rayon to make it keep some sort of less-wrinkly shape.

I used to work at the veil, where patrons would zing up to My Holy Presence (being The Lord, and all that), and slip their hands in and out of the magical holes in the veil. There was a short zing! each time someone gave me a new special handshake, and in the older days when we'd hug in a special hug that only mommies and daddies normally do, there was a zing! when you put your knee up the thigh of the patron.

The oddest thing was that in the old Gordon Jump version of the endowment, we learnt that God and Jebus lived on a special platform decorated with Roman columns and plastic ivy. Pete, Jim, and John would make their reports, and Jebus would stride back to Heavenly Father, only a few feet away from him, and pass on the report ("Peter, James, and John, having visited the Man, Adam,..."). Jebus' robes would zing very audibly all the way across the platform in each direction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2012 11:55AM by cludgie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.