Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 10:20AM

Does anybody know if he regularly attends Mormon services--or does he go only when he feels like it, like an "inactive" member?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: toto ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 10:35AM

...and although he's Mormon, he is open-minded. He changed the liquor laws in Utah to show a more normal approach to serving alcohol because he understood business people and those who come into the state who just want a drink. The vastly Conservative Mormon Utah legislature agreed with him.

I voted for Obama in the last election, and will do so again unless Jon Huntsman is the Republican candidate. The state of Utah thrived under his leadership. His only fault? Pulling along Herbert as his running mate who is now the governor of Utah. He needs to pick a better vice president to be elected.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 11:03AM

I don't care about what he did or didn't do as Governor. I'm asking if he goes to Mormon services every Sunday or not.

Does anybody know?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 10:36AM

Neither one of them wants to remind people they are Mormon, so during the campaign, no.

Romney, yes if he's not campaigning.

Huntsman, he's like us--his heart isn't there but he has family roots.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Poppy ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 11:30AM

I'm guessing he drinks beer and watches football on Sunday.

Posted by: Anon for This ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 12:25PM

He very well may. Who know? At the very least, his wife drinks caffeine and needs her "fix" every now and then. Check out the latest profile in the New York Times, "Ready or Not, Huntsman Faces His Moment in New Hampshire" - http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/us/politics/ready-or-not-huntsman-faces-his-moment-in-new-hampshire.html

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 12:34PM

When asked if he is a practicing Mormon in a May 2011 interview with ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos, Huntsman replied,

“I believe in God. I’m a good Christian. I’m very proud of my Mormon heritage. I am Mormon. Today, there are 13 million Mormons. It’s a very diverse and heterogeneous cross-section of people. … And I probably add to that diversity somewhat.”

Too bad Jon doesn't realize there may be 13 million baptized but less than half that are active Mormons. He should know better than to believe the Mormon PR Department.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.