Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 01:18PM

Let's face it, if you're going to be a tea drinker, loose leaf is the ONLY way to go. Bagged teas are literally the floor-sweepings of the tea processing plants.

My personal faves are Assam (pricey, but worth an occasional splurge) and Darjeeling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 01:18PM by helamonster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: devashoe ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 01:55PM

Mint, definitely. Home grown if I can keep the hens out of it.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 02:03PM

I like the loose-leaf mate. Good stuff.

Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 02:34PM

Fenugreek because it stimulates the glands that keep you young. I agree about the loose leaf when you can find it, but even the Chinese use the bags more often than not.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 03:02PM

Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe. That's the type, not the region, like Ceylon (yum), or Darjeeling. Usually I find I prefer a blend. My favorite was one put up for the late, lamented Wanamaker's department store here in Philadelphia.

Right this minute, I'm drinking an Assam tgfop, but for a day to day basis, I have to go with something more pedestrian. Barry's gold blend, brewed "strong enough to trot a mouse across it". I lean towards teas with a rich, malty flavor, and dislike any with lapsong souchong, which has a "tar-ry" flavor, which appeals to some people. If I ever get back to London, I want to hit up some of the great Afternoon Tea venues. All Brit exmos welcome to join me in breaking the WOW.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 06:23PM

I would love to go to London for tea.
However, I'm stuck in the pacific north west.
The closest i've come is high tea at the empress in canada. It was beautiful, and relaxing. Americans seem to be too busy to waste time on a leisurely afternoon tea.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 07:23PM

I love high tea at the Empress! First time I went was with my husband, who didn't quite "get it". It was a relatively short visit... The next time was with a couple of woman friends and I got to enjoy the ambience a little more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 07:23PM by looking in.

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 05:13PM

Rishi Pu-Erh ginger tea. A strong tea with ginger and citrus that can be steeped multiple times.

I like it so much that I haven't even tried my traditional "birds nest" Pu-Erh.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 05:42PM

Jamaican Red.

Ron

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 06:19PM

I've just started drinking green tea (which fortunately my TBM wife thinks is just herbal) but I've yet to discover the perfect leaf.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 06:40PM

I've been experimenting with adagio's master's collection here http://www.adagio.com/masters/index.html?SID=211f282e622885a0400961033708c22f, just for something different, and have really been enjoying the blends for a treat (too expensive for everyday tea).

In general, I'm not really picky about tea, other than liking it really strong (even herbal tea) and plain. No sugar, honey, creamer or lemon for me. Actually I can tolerate it with lemon or creamer, but prefer it plain and would only drink it with lemon or cream if it was prepared that way and I didn't want to offend my host. However, I can't even tolerate it with sugar or honey (I guess I'd still drink it if it meant not offending a host, but I've never been in that situation). It's strange how I can love the flavor of something so much, but adding something simple like a sweetener makes it undrinkable for me.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 06:50PM

btw, any good online place to get all kinds of tea? the loose-leaf kind?

i'm green tea kind of guy but i recently tried fo-ti and i loved it. can't find it anywhere.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 06:52PM

I like adagio.com, but I don't have much to compare it to, it's the only loose leaf tea company I've purchased from.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 10:11AM

teavana.com

englishteastore.com

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 10:50PM

Monkey picked oolong and Moroccan mint loose tea.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 10:17AM

you can buy on line by the pound.

Since I only drink ice tea I prefer anything Earl Grey.

They even have a roobios earl grey that is supposed the be caffeine free.

Posted by: allicat ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 07:24PM

Teavana is my favorite place to stop by and get tea. But when I'm feeling broke I just make some Vanilla Chamomile from Celestial Seasonings.

Or good ol fashioned Lipton with honey

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 07:50PM

The aroma of tea brings back memories! The sense of smell is supposed to be the strongest memory trigger of all the senses.

Jasmine tea reminds me of San Francisco, and the wonderful Chinese restaurants there. This tea needs no imbellishment

Fresh mint tea, from the garden, is my favorite in the summer. (I don't like iced tea.)

For warm winter memories, I like orange pekoe, and Constant Comment, that I used to drink with my grandmother. These are good with cream and sugar/honey, too.

Ginger tea is soothing, with when I have a cold or am upset. With honey for a cold.

These teas must be steeped in a favorite china teapot, and served in a fancy teacup. My granddaughter likes to have tea parties, just as I did as a child. We are of English descent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 07:51PM by forestpal.

Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:37PM

I especially like Earl Grey, Bigelow's Constant Comment, and Ten Ren's black tea.

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:52PM

Loose earl grey, English Breakfast, Scottish or Irish Breakfast. Usually I love Twinings, but Harrogates is good and also Tesco I think. I had to give up coffee so now it's all about tea now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.