Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave in Hollywood ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 03:54PM

I haven't seen anyone else bring this up, so I thought I would. Apparently over the New Year, Broadway stars Will Swenson & Audra McDonald got engaged. This is kind of a big deal for this board because Will is (formerly?) Mormon and Audra is the biggest star on Broadway.

Of course most news outlets said "Audra McDonald engaged!" or perhaps "Four Time Tony Winner Audra McDonald engaged to marry fellow Broadway performer." But the Utah news treated it differently, essentially "Utah's Will Swenson! marries some TV actress." Snerk.

For example, the Deseret News headline said "'Singles Ward' actor Will Swenson engaged to actress, singer Audra McDonald." How embarrassing for poor Will to be remembered that way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 03:56PM

I think she is the most beautiful woman alive-- and so fabulously talented. Seriously.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 04:05PM

Shows you what I know. Never heard of either.

Ron

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 04:22PM

Tabula Rasa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shows you what I know. Never heard of either.
>
> Ron

Me either! :-)

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 04:33PM

Don't know who Will Swenson is, but good for her - hope she'll be very happy, and I miss her being on Private Practice!

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 04:50PM

http://www.broadway.com/shows/priscilla-queen-desert/buzz/155798/mormon-celebrity-will-swenson-inspired-by-former-hair-co-star-gavin-creel-for-facing-east-film/

Considering his "progression" Mormon posterboy--Naked hippie (HAIR for which he was nominated for a best actor Tony) and now Drag Queen, I'm surprised the Des even mentions his apostate name. Not to mention the fact that Audra is not white (but definitely delightsome).

His former co-star Kirby Heyborne, who apparently is still "living his covenant", has been declared persona non grata at BYU. He appeared ina commercial for Miller lite, in which he wasn't even shown drinking. He co-starred in a Christmas concert in North Carolina last month with Sara Morgann. If you went to the BYU Management site which handled online tickets, It was listed as a "Christmas with Sarah Morgann" with no mention of Kirby. In Orwell terms, the church considers him a non-person.

Posted by: Dave in Hollywood ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 01:21PM

Are we allowed to link to Youtube links? If not, just go to Youtube and find any video of Audra singing. If you appreciate acting, perfect pitch and diction, well, this side of Julie Andrews, Audra is the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5zwx1hKWY&feature=related

Date: January 12, 2012 02:29PM

Date: January 12, 2012 02:33PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.