Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogermartim ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 03:55PM

I read somewhere that Ann Romney stores food as mandated by the Mormon church.

Now if her husband were to win the POTUS and they move into the White House will they find a room in the basement somewhere to store food?

And when the "dies irae" arrives will the Romneys have to use guns to ward off all the non-Mormon staffers to protect their cache?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 04:13PM

Mitt's Secret Service detail will turn on him and take his food storage.

Posted by: teagee ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 04:28PM

I always figured if things get REALLY bad, like an invasion, or the the economy goes totally teats up, the government crashes - then I hope I'm one of the first ones to go. I don't see any reason to want to cling on to a dead society and then watch neighbors attacking neighbors for food. I'm spoiled. Not too excited about the prospect of becoming a hunter/gatherer.

And if anyone does have a cache of food, then they will be the first ones to be killed by the guy who stockpiled guns and alcohol. Find out who the 'good' mormons are and then go get them. Not advocating violence, but if someone wanted to survive I would imagine this would be a likely scenario.

Posted by: sivab1 ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 04:46PM

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 05:21PM

Isn't there some underground bunker nearby? Maybe they'd fill it with their molding wheat stores.

At least with Mitt's 5 sons around to tidy up the White House they'd save the govt money on janitorial services.

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 05:34PM

Food Storage!

I haven't thought about food storage in decades! How well I can remember as a young wife in the late 60' and early 70's squirreling back a few cans of this and a few bags of that each week for "hard times" .

My 89 year-old TBM mother still does it, and every few years must throw away out dated items. She has never gotten the knack of rotation of storage.

I am with teagee, let me be one of the first to go.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.