Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:03PM

Living in the northeast puts me blissfully apart from everything Mormon. Lately, in watching the political scene, I can only imagine the drooling going on in my old branch over the thought of a possible Mormon candidate for president. The teenage girls will be swooning over the uber-rich, cute Romney boys and the men will be ruminating about the constitution hanging by a thread. The sweet sisters will be following the lovely Ann's every move.

Every time I think about it, it makes me almost gag.

Pay Lay Ale, Mittster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:08PM

Even the Tribune headline was "Mitt Wins Big in New Hampshire"

Thirty-nine percent in his favor, and sixty one split up among the others... Right...

Posted by: angelina5 ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:35PM

I do like Mitt as a political candidate independently of his religion, I'm a republican. But imagine f he wins, forget it, every member will think that it was God's will and that the Church has to be true!!!

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:52PM

Anything I say would be considered political, so I'm trying really hard here. Mormons are supposed to be looking out for the little guy, but if you want to see a revealing video about the Mittster, Google "When Mitt Romney came to town." Not quite "My Name Is Mitt, and I'm a Mormon."

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 03:23AM

Even though I was aware of the issues it discusses, I found it devastating. The contrast between the effect of the firm's business practices with the vast sums of money he received is mind boggling.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 12:47AM

Me too....I'm with a Catholoic (my wife) and 2 Cocker Spaniels....

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 01:15AM

If Mitt wins, it won't be long before I'll hear, "We've seen of what's been prophecied all those years ago. It's true! The LDS Church is true!"

The folk-tale about the constitution or USA hanging by a thread and the mormons riding in to save it.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:51AM

I don't know. It would depend on their looks, gender, and how true believing they really were.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 09:26AM

mormonism--about the white horse prophecy (did I get that right?)

She will be voting for Obama, just like she did last time. And she is so over the top TBM.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.